Actions

Hi loves, I am here again with another exciting chapter. This is going to be a very tense chapter which will leave you with a lot of questions. So I just you get ready and enter at your own risk.

Suggest a song for this chapter.❣
Enjoy life for Rent by Dido

There are several times when we find ourselves trapped in our actions. It defines us, make us and destroy us. If our actions don't hunt our conscience, then it weakens our resolve. Our actions get the better of our future and rewind's our past, twisting and turning. This is how Esmeralda felt as she looked into her mirror and realised how much the spontaneous side of her had drowned in the shadows of lies, a bad marriage and impossible love. She wore her nightgown, combed her hair while she thought of how her life would have been if the man she fell in love with had as much courage as Gerald had. Her glassy eyes reflected the twenty-five years of the pain she had gone through.

"You cannot marry this rug, you are not in the same social standing.!!!!..... " I will never allow you to have anything to do with that wretch..... Stay away from her!!!!......
Antonio!!! She is not made for you...
Marsha is the one you should marry!!!
Get out of my house..you good for nothing gold digger...
"My parents have threatened to disown me if I don't leave this relationship behind... I can't do this anymore!!

Words from that night hit Esmeralda so hard. It echoed in her heart all over again and she cleaned the tears as she remembered how she decided to drown herself in the sea. Three days later she realised she was alive and pregnant. She found herself touching her stomach as she remembered the pain she went through taking care of Aurora all on her own until Pedro lured her into a marriage she had no idea would be hell. Her pale eyes and the dark circles around it all reflected how the betrayal of love pushed through her like a dagger. Her only reason for living was her two children and nothing else. She wiped her tears and crawled into her bed, she needed strength for Aurora's wedding.

********

Antonio stared at Marilyn as she went through her email. He had to come back to what he had tried so hard to forget. Maybe some part of him wanted to come back, maybe he wanted the woman he abandoned to be found, maybe he was still madly in love with her. Playa del Carmen was his horror movie and he was not the victim. It was entirely his fault that he lost happiness. His lack of courage and greed caused him to lose twenty-five years of happiness. But another part of him wanted to close that chapter of his life. That chapter of his weakness and betrayal to a woman he once swore forever to. He wanted to run away from the guilt that he knew was inevitably his own doing. That part of him that wanted nothing and the other part that wanted everything. He was the villain in his own love story, the traitor and the liar who took away a poor girl's happiness. He hated himself for not trying hard enough. "Why are you here" Marilyn pulled him out of his thoughts. He sat on the bed and looked into her brown eyes. Marilyn looked so much like Marsha. Her energy, optimistic smile, her confidence and her love for those who loved her was impeccable. Even though he didn't love Marsha, he respected and admired her enough to spend his life with her. He accepted the fact that Marsha was his future. After her death, he realized how much he still loved ... "Dad? Are you ok?" Marilyn asked him and he sighed. He was not alright, and he didn't think he will ever be.

********

Gerald and Aurora were heading back home after picking up the cake. They were so excited to be getting married by the beach and more excited that they would make their marriage official and spend the rest of their lives together. 
"Grumpy, I need some music, why is that radio off" Aurora nagged in the sweetest voice possible, pouting.
"I already have a radio" Gerald looked at her then back at the road. Aurora hit his stomach playfully and they burst out. Suddenly the car started to move in all directions, Aurora's heart began to race, her stomach churning, head aching, blood rippling, blurry vision and her eyes met a smoky car and an unconscious, Gerald. Her ears were full with the noise coming from the car's engine, her nose was clouded with the smell of the petrol. All she remembers was closing her eyes to an abyss. The smell of blood, and death papable.

Alright, truth be told I decided to end the chapter with questions flooding your minds.
I took about a week to get this chapter to come out like this. I had Gerald and Aurora begging me not to take this road but well, I didn't listen... (Especially Gerald, he is grumpy as hell). But bottom line is that I still did it.

But I am going to leave you asking questions like...
Was it an accident??
And if it wasn't who was behind it then??
Will Aurora and Gerald survive the accident??

I will leave you to your thoughts.. Ciao and see you in the next chapter loves❣