old wounds

Catalina opened the door to her apartment, closed it behind her and took a shower. Dad had told her she was to go and see to a project with a man named Alonzo. She placed the sushi in the microwave, wore her Mickey Mouse pyjamas and turned her laptop on to check a few emails for tomorrow's project. She didn't know Alonzo construction or the Alonzo guy who owned it. So why did she feel a connection to this man? Why did she feel nervous and anxious? Why did she feel like she was going home?. Antonio is her father and Marilyn her sister. So why did she feel comfortable when she heard she will be working with a stranger she hadn't even set eyes on? The microwave beeped and she took out her sushi, took a huge chunk into her mouth and poured orange juice. The emails were many, and she was getting tired of this office work. The time moved slowly and she started feeling sleepy. In the darkness, she saw a man's face with blood all over his shirt but it was to blurry to see who it was. She opened her eyes and went for a glass of water. She had a feeling tomorrow would be her beginning.

************
"Sir, Ms Lucero is here." Alma, Gerald's secretary informed him. He told her to allow the lady to enter so they could start their meeting.
"Good Morning Mr Alonzo" Ms Catalina uttered and Gerald raised his head. A part of him knew he was hallucinating but another part believed it was true. He had Aurora standing in front of him, body and soul. She was looking more sophisticated and her blue eyes were pale. He saw Aurora and recognised her, but she wasn't half excited as he was. Gerald stood up and engulfed her in a big hug. He was so excited he didn't see the coldness of Aurora's embrace. He didn't need explanations, he was just glad to see her. Gerald placed his lips on hers but regretted it almost immediately after Catalina's palms landed on his left cheek.
"How dare you touch me, let alone kiss me!!!" Catalina was more furious with herself than with Gerald. She wasn't sure why she even allowed him to touch her. She saw the hurt in his eyes and she felt her heart beat faster. His pain pierced her, and she felt her head spin for a moment but it was all gone.
"Is this how you treat your business partners when they come into your office? .... What gives you the right to touch Catalina Lucero." She screamed even louder, drawing attention to Gerald's office. Gerald was more worried about her than upset. He wasn't sure how to deal with the fact that she couldn't recognise him. The coldness in her eyes, the harshness in her voice, and the anger in her reaction made him denser, it made his head spin, and several questions run through his head.
"Gerald, it's good to see you again. I can see you have met Catalina. Let's start the meeting then." Antonio uttered and took Catalina to the conference room. Antonio noticed Catalina's discomfort. He didn't want to ask her any questions, all he did was wrap his hand around her shoulders to assure her he was available anytime. They had the meeting and Catalina left immediately with her father just to avoid Gerald. She did avoid Gerald, but she couldn't avoid her thoughts and even feelings. She closed her eyes and an image of him, the hurt in his eyes, the vulnerability in his touch and the love in his kiss. A tear fell.

🥺🥺🥺😭😭😭.. I cried while writing this chapter. Gerald thought he had finally found his love, but she couldn't even recognise him.
I know the questions running through your minds. It is running through mine too😩😩. But we will answer those questions together.

If you don't want to miss out on the answers to the questions just vote, comment and let's answer the questions.

See you in the next chapter loves. Marcia💞.