Just Us

Life had to go on, the streets were busy, everyone going about their daily lives, cars honking, trains whistling. The smell of a busy Monday morning in Canada. Everything seemed normal, well almost everything. Gerald walked into his office, eyes cold, face stern and feeling numb. It had been three years since Aurora died and he had no idea how he was going to continue living without her. He was not the only person who wasn't doing so well. Esmeralda was torn apart so much that he had to admit her to a hospital six months after the accident. All she could do was look into space. The doctors say it is because of shock. He looked through his frosted glass and sighed. He spoke to Julio a couple of days ago and he said he was ok back in college. Things were normal, but nothing was fine. Every breath he took at any point of his life reminded him of Aurora. He was so angry at himself, he blamed himself for not being conscious at the time of the accident, he blamed himself that he only woke up six weeks after the accident. Fernanda tells him he is not at fault but he knows better. He felt powerless, defeated again by fate. This is the second time he is losing someone so precious to him. All he did was now was breathing but he wasn't living. The meetings, black coffee, stern face, cold eyes were all to hide the pain he felt every night he looked at Aurora's picture. He was hiding his emptiness and the void he felt in his heart. He was shielding anyone around him from getting into contact with the beast in him. Just as he was about to sit in his chair, someone hugged him from behind. He turned and met Tania's face.  It was enough horror that Aurora was not around, now he had to deal with Tania of all people.

He smiled slowly and got out of her grip. He had to get rid of her somehow, he had to let her know his stand with women. Tania gave him a hottie smile and this seductive wink.
" So when are you going to move on" she whined, probably expecting a better welcome. " Daddy is throwing a party for his sixtieth birthday and he wants you to be present so that you two can finalize the upcoming project." She concluded in her sassiest voice ever. Gerald nodded while working on his laptop. He didn't want to go, but he had to if he wanted that project.

"Alonzo, look at me" Tania coaxed with a tinge of pleading and desperation in her voice. She has always been in love with Gerald ever since her father introduced him as his business partner. She stood up and walked to where he was seated and sat right on his lap. Gerald sat there lifeless, not moving, and annoyed by all the things Tania was up to.

"Don't you find me attractive? Hunh?? " she asked him, nibbling on his earlobe. She kissed his neck, teasing, biting. She changed her sitting position. This time she was facing him with her breast so close to him and her lips searching his.
"Am I not good enough for you??" She placed light kisses on his lips.
"Tania..."
"Kiss me..."
"Tania. Stop this" Gerald was trying so hard to stop her but Tania was determined to get him in bed or seduce him enough to have him fall in love somehow.
"Tania please go home..." Gerald said it again, this time with his patience on the urge. Tania started unbuttoning his shirt and he got fed up.
"I said stop it!!!!!!!.... Get out of my office right now!!" He screamed and scared Tania. The rage she saw in his eyes was new, even for her. She was boiling with anger herself but on top of that, she was embarrassed.
"Why are you doing this??... For a dead girl??... The dead doesn't come back to life, either you accept it or it will destroy you forever." She said this while taking her black Chanel purse. She reached the door and turned.
" And one more thing, the party starts at eight." She said knowingly and left. Gerald sensed too much confidence in her voice. He sat in his chair, running his hands through his hair. If he didn't fix this problem at the party, he knew he would lose the project. He got out of his chair and decided to follow Tania but she was already gone. He took his car and went home. Got into the shower, had his usual black coffee and left to Tania's. It was already quarter past eight.

**************

"Antonio, it is a pleasure to finally have you here in Canada" Maximino, Tania's father said to one of his business partners. Antonio's business was in Australia and Mexico but he came to Canada just for the project he was in partnership with Maximino. Both of them had been friends since college and even though they have had their differences, they were still good friends.
"Max, don't be modest, both of us will benefit from my presence." They hugged each other and made a toast. Gerald entered the house and decided to look for Tania. The last he needed was Maximino backing out of the project.

He looked around until he saw her in the garden, talking to a few friends. He walked up to her, and she gave him a cold reception. Even though he didn't care, he had to pretend or lose his project.
"Tania, can we talk?" He asked her and the guests excused them. She ignored him and he smirked. One waiter came around with a bottle of champagne and he took to glasses for both of them. She took it and smiled.
" Are you here to embarrass me again." She snared and walked away towards her room. Gerald followed her until they reached her room and she locked it behind them. By that time, they were done drinking four glasses of champagne.

"Tania I am sorry for what happened in my office earlier, I was not thinking straight." He said and Tania collected his glass, placed it on the lamp side table. Pulled him closer and started kissing him. He responded, tired of rejecting her, he didn't want to end up losing a project. So one thing led to the other. Kissing, clothes coming off, then sex.

********

"Good Morning daddy" Tania greeted Max cheerfully and kissed his cheek. He knew why his daughter was happy and he was glad she was. Just hen Gerald came out of Tania's room, dressed and ready to leave but Max stopped him.
"Gerald, come and join us for breakfast" he called out to him and Gerald took his seat. He felt so uncomfortable the whole time because Tania was giving him seductive looks. Breakfast ended rather quickly and Antonio came in. Max introduced the two of them to each other and they settled on a date to start the project.
"I will have Catalina see to the project," Antonio announced.
"What about Marilyn? " Max asked, surprised to hear this Catalina's name for the first time.
"She is in China for a program." He retorted and two men left Gerald with Tania. After an awkward conversation, Gerald left, waiting to meet this Catalina, so he could get this project over and done with.

Hey loves, enjoy this chapter and see you in the next one. Bye🤩