|14|

"Hey, Mr. Taehyung! I'm here!"

Jimin's lovely voice came meeting the silence. However, there came no reply. He walked inside, with a hand on Jungkook marking their footsteps like the previous night into the amazingly rich hall room, when it had all ended with a lot of pressure and unexplained feelings. To make things right, and to cook with his dear boyfriend cum assistant, he had arrived but there was no sign of him.

"Umm..Mr. Taehyung?"

The voice did now bring someone. The maid who came last night surprised by the late-night visit, now too looked astonished to find them here. She wiped off the cream from her face with a towel and creased her forehead,

"May I help you?"

Jimin nodded and put a foot forward, making her take one back. The change made him stunned, but he decided to ignore it. 

/Maybe she is shy../

"Umm..Mr. Taehyung had asked to arrive, in order to cook and test my skills. I have arrived here with my assistant. Where, is he, may I ask?"

The maid sure looked uncomfortable. She glanced at Jungkook, who was now in a tidied and ironed white shirt and black pants smiled. He never bowed unless and until necessary, and now he didn't feel like it at all.

"Um...he isn't well..and was taken to the hospital overnight..he might be you know...", she kept taking glimpses at Jimin's back making him a bit more uncomfortable than herself, her eyes not taking leave off Jungkook, while stammering the information.

"....You can wait if you want..No..please doo...That is better"

She conveyed finally the message after her stammers and rushed back to the kitchen as if she had been troubled by their arrival. The moments ticked away slowly, making the couple a bit annoyed and confused,

"Jimin~ah, is everything fine? Why are we waiting here, if he is unwell? Can't we come some other day-"

He hadn't completed when the maid's steps came again.

She had washed it seemed. In a normal pink top and black jeans, she looked younger than an old woman in an apron. Her age was unidentifiable and so were her emotions. Unlike before, she was smiling now.

"Umm..sorry for the long wait, but I did call Mr. Taehyung, and did convey the message. He has had a bad day, it seems. He will have to stay at the hospital for another half day. Meanwhile, since he already has a lot of appointments, he didn't want to postpone yours. He asked you to take the kitchen to yourself for an hour and make anything you want to cook so that he can have it for dinner tonight or threw it into the garbage. The message you get on your phone will tell you, what his decision is"

She said it softly and bowed, in deep respect. 

The two of them nodded and bowed back, shocked by the long speech uttered by the young girl in one breath, and stayed put. She walked away, without another word, the smile not leaving her face.

Jimin sighed,

'Why is this so weird?"

Jungkook shrugged and tried to cheer him up,

"Come on now! I guess we didn't wait so long for nothing..."

He held his arms and they moved swiftly to the kitchen. The girl was no longer there. They looked around, to see if she had been anywhere But in both the downstairs bedrooms and in the bathrooms; she was absent. While Jungkook swiftly checked out the shining luxury licking extreme glory and money; Jimin learned the places where the spices were and what all was what. His time had been scheduled for an hour, and he knew, maybe thirty minutes were enough for him, to make the best dish of his life; japchae and samgyeospal.