Christmas and Kisses

A lot had happened between the Hogsmead trip and Christmas. Not only did Harry find out how Sirius Black had betrayed his parents, but Buckbeak was sentenced to death after the holidays. I woke up on Christmas day. I pulled on a red sweatshirt and black sweatpants. I put my hair in a messy bun and went to the common room. Harry, Ron, and Hermione had all gone home for the holidays. So did half of the school, including most of the Slytherins. I looked at the beautiful Christmas tree. It made me smile. Christmas was definitely one of my more favorite holidays. I looked under the tree to find my presents.

Ron had given me a chocolate bundle, filled with various sweet treats and weird-looking candies from Zonko's. Hermione had given me a book collection of my favorite set of Muggle books-Percy Jackson and the Olympians (A/N: When worlds collide:). She knew I had a little fictional crush on Percy. That was partly the reason why I was drawn to Harry. They were similar in some ways. Harry's box was smaller. I opened it, and inside I found a green and silver bracelet with a snake design. It was studded with emeralds and diamonds. I gasped realizing what it was. It was the exact same bracelet I had been telling Ron and Hermione. How did he know? There was also a small note.

A special gift for a special person <3 Harry

I smiled reading it. Harry was so sweet. I put it on my left hand then I moved on to the next gift. I had gotten nice clothes from my mum. Dad gave me a quill set. I thought I was done, but then I saw a rectangular black box. 

I opened it, and inside was a photo frame with a picture. I didn't know who took the picture but it was a photo of Malfoy and I. We were both on our brooms, flying side by side. We were trying to push each other off, but we were laughing too. Inside was no note, but there was a small piece of green silk cloth. I held it up, there was a golden mark at the corner. I peered closely and read "D.M". As I held it closer, I was hit with a strong fragrance. It smelled like nice expensive perfume, slightly minty. I closed my eyes and thoroughly took it in. Ahhhhh. I folded the cloth and took the picture upstairs, putting it on my bedside. I was guilty for not getting Malfoy a gift but I promised myself I'd look for one during the next trip to Hogsmead.

When the holidays ended and everyone had returned, I went to the Great Hall to look for Malfoy and Harry. I saw Malfoy at the table laughing and eating. I came up to him and tapped him on the shoulder. He looked up at me and stood up. I asked to talk to him and he followed me out. 

"I just wanted to say thank you for the Christmas gift. It was really sweet." He looked as if he was going to smile, but folded his hands. "I didn't do anything. Flint sent all those pictures to my dad, and he just sent copies of them to corresponding people." My face dropped. How stupid of me to think Malfoy would actually send a gift! "Oh" was all I had to say. "Ok, tell Flint I said thanks then." I turned, slight tears forming in my eyes. I didn't realize where I was going until I bumped into Harry by the Grand Christmas Tree. He helped me up and noticed my slightly wet eyes. He gripped both my hands. "Y/N are you okay?" He asked, worry in his voice. He brushed off a tear.  His eyes flitted behind me. I looked back to see Malfoy leaning on a wall. He looked as if he was reading a book, but in reality, I knew he was eavesdropping.

Harry's face contorted in anger. "Was it Malfoy?" He seethed. He started to walk towards him, but I put my hands on his chest and pushed him back. "Harry leave it, he's not worth it." Before Harry could respond, I pulled him in a hug. He was surprised at first but then hugged back. We both heard crinkling above us. We looked up to see a small Mistletoe growing. Harry looked at me and blushed. "You don't have to-" He started. I put my hands around his neck and gave him a small peck on the cheek. I slowly stepped away without a word and left to go to the Slytherin common room.