Lessons

I love Draco, but I am NOT letting Jack die on my watch

I ran as fast as I could. I arrived at the scene. My suspicions were confirmed as I saw Jack groaning on the ground. I knelt beside him. "W-where does it hurt? How can I help." I muttered, trying to look for any bleeding or broken bones. He just groaned, his eyes clenched in pain. I felt someone kneel next to me. It was...Snape. He gently picked up Jack and started carrying him inside. I looked to see the rest of the players on the broom jump to the ground. It looked like...the Slytherin team? But Jack was a Gryffindor.

They were all chuckling. "He fell HARD!" Flint exclaimed. I scanned my eyes for Draco. I saw him and strutted up to him. I pushed him and he stumbled back. "You KNEW HE DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO FLY!" I practically shouted at him. "Hey hey! He wanted to surprise you by learning how to fly! He wanted to come.  And Colin (one of the beaters) didn't mean to hit that bludger, Jack honestly had plenty of time to dodge it. But he'll be fine. Hogwarts is dangerous and if he can't deal with it...he should probably go back home." Draco mumbled the last part, but I heard it.

I took a step back, "This was a sick idea, Draco. A low even for you. I can't believe you'd hurt someone just to get rid of them. You need to take care of that jealousy Draco, it's toxic." I shook my head. Walking back to the castle. "Y/N wait-." Draco said behind me. But I ignored him, increasing my pace.

I entered the hospital wing. "Can I see Jack?" I asked Madam Pomfrey. She shook her head. "He's fine, but it'll take a couple days for him to mend the bones he's broken." I nodded stepping out of the room. I accidentally bumped into Harry. "Oh hey, Hermione was looking for you. Here." He placed a galleon in my hand." This will give you the time and date for the meetings." "Where do we meet?" I started to ask, but Harry was already scurrying away. "Room of Requirement!" He said before he disappeared down the hall. Now what in the world was a 'Room of Requirement'?

I looked at the galleon. The meeting was tomorrow at 5. I had until then to figure out where this room was.

---------Time Skip to the next day---------

It was 4:30 and I still hadn't figured it out. I was mindlessly roaming the halls muttering to myself. I turned the corner and bumped into someone. I was about to fall, but their cold hands stopped me from doing so. When I realized who it was, I shoved them and tried to walk away but their grip was hard. "Y/N-" "No Draco I don't-" "No! Let me finish." He demanded, pushing me against the wall. "Please." He whispered, slightly loosening his grip but still keeping his hands on my shoulders so as to not let me go.

I rolled my eyes, "Fine." He took a breath and stepped back. Looking down at his feet he started, "I would like to apologize. Seriously. I let jealousy get the best of me and um, I shouldn't have hurt him like that. I shouldn't have," He looked up, his silver eyes meeting mine, "hurt you like that. I-I'm sorry." He choked, as if to start crying.

Logic left my brain and I watched myself step forward and pull him into a hug. For some reason, despite all the terrible things he did, I couldn't stay mad at Draco. "Don't cry." I told him. He buried his face in my hair. "I-I just end up messing everything up, pushing people away, I-I don't mean to..." He started rambling. We stayed there for a little while. He broke apart and sniffled. "Thanks." He smiled. "Of course." I smiled back. He leaned in and whispered, "But don't tell anyone about this little...episode." I rolled my eyes again, "Of course I won't tell anyone that the Slytherin Prince cries." I teased. He smiled and walked off.

Now that he was gone, I had to come back to my problem. Without knowing, I started pacing the hallway thinking about the room. I felt a sound to my right and saw the wall change. It turned to a gate to which I entered. Inside I found Dumbledore's Army waiting for me.

The days turned to weeks turned to months. Through Dumbledore's Army I learned to defend myself and even produce a patronus. My patronus was a hedgehog. It would give a little shake, and its quills would shoot out and pierce the dementors. On the other hand, Draco had joined the Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad. He was tasked to basically bully people for her. He was also supposed to find out about "Pottah's secret meetings". It got harder and harder to sneak around. Especially because Draco was spending extra time with me, not that I minded much.

Then Christmas arrived.