The Dark Mark

A short chapter for today...

We left Hogwarts and arrived at a place I knew oh too well. The Malfoy Manor. Draco led me inside. He pointed me up the stairs. "You know your room; your trunk and all your belongings are there. Go clean up." He then left for the living room with the other death eaters.

I trudged upstairs, taking in everything that had happened over the last couple of hours. It seemed unbelievable. I entered the shower and let the warm bath water comfort me. If I thought of everything at once, I'd get overwhelmed, so I decided to back track on what had happened over the past couple of days.

Voldemort made 6 horcruxes which needed to be destroyed before he could be killed. The book that Ginny had in Year 2 was one of them. Dumbledore suspected he found one and took Harry along. Draco was a death eater and was tasked with killing Dumbledore, but he didn't. Snape, who had been close to Dumbledore all along, had killed him. Dumbledore was gone. Draco had tricked me into trusting him. He'd brought me here, amidst not only death eaters, but Voldemort himself.

Oh my god.

I should've stayed away from him from the start. How did I end up here? I always hated Malfoy then how the hell did I end up loving him so much. There's a fine line between hate and love. The cliché statement rang inside my head. I got out of the shower, changing into comfy sweater and sweatpants. I sat down on my bed. I heard a knock on the door. "Come in." I said, bracing myself for who was about to enter.

A stump man came in. He was disgusting, with wispy hair, yellow teeth, and long fingernails. "Master calls, bring the necklace." He chattered. I reached inside my pocket and pulled out the Emerald necklace, he stepped back in fear. I followed him downstairs.

Downstairs was a sight I never thought I would see. In the living room, Voldemort sat in an armchair and everyone stood around him. He was stroking a large snake. "Come forward." His icy voice commanded. I stepped forward and the necklace in my hand grew colder with every inch towards him. "Ah!" I exclaimed as the necklace got so cold it burnt me. (Yes, that can actually happen) Nagini slithered forward and took the necklace in her mouth, bringing it to Voldemort.

"I'm glad you've kept the horcrux well." My blood ran cold. I had a horcrux with me this whole time? I looked at Draco, fury in my eyes. He didn't look at me. "You've done well, you deserve a reward. I will spare your life!" He laughed. His death eaters copied him. I found no joy in that fact.

Voldemort's face hardened. "But you know too much to go back. So, you will have to stay here and-" He sneered. "Become one of us." He finished. I stepped back shaking my head. "No no no." I repeated. I felt two people grab both my arms and hold me to the ground. "You promised you wouldn't hurt her!" Draco shouted stepping forward. Lucius came and put his stick in front him. "Draco this is not your fight." Draco looked between me and his father. I could see the battle of loyalty in his eyes. One side won.

Draco stepped back. "Please..." I cried. I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Please don't..." Someone pulled up the sweater on my left arm. "NO!" I screamed. Voldemort stood up smiling. "Do it."

I felt a burn on my forearm. The pain was slow. It felt as if a hot needle was traveling underneath my skin. The pain was unbearable. I closed my eyes and felt the world tilt.

Darkness.