Plans

--------Y/N's POV-------

Jack was sorted into Gryffindor. I was a little upset, it would've been nice to have a friend in my house. Nonetheless, we walked to our first class: potions. I walked in and sat next to Draco in my usual spot. I smiled at him and he ignored me. What was his problem? Instructions were given to all the teachers: In each of the classes, to make sure Jack fit in, he could choose where he wanted to sit. He chose to sit next to me.

We started working on today's potion, Jack was the third member of our group. He was surprisingly good at potions. He joked around as we added the ingredients. Draco sat coldly on the chair and watched us. Jack had been home schooled until now. But the most surprising part was that he had never learned how to properly fly a broom. I reassured him that it was fine, and he could just watch the Quidditch matches. Draco quietly overheard us talking.

I was cutting beet root when my hand slipped, and I accidentally cut my finger. I gasped sharply. Instantly Draco got up and started making his way over. Jack jumped into action. He used his wand to conjure a piece of cloth to wrap my finger. "I've got this." He smiled holding my hurt hand carefully. Draco tugged at my arm. "Y/N we need to take you to the Hospital Wing right now." Draco said urgently.

Jack ignored him and said "Accio dittany." Dittany came flying out of the cupboard. "She doesn't need to go for a small cut." Jack laughed preparing the cloth. "She needs proper medical attention, not the mediocre work you're doing." Draco seethed. "Draco! Be nice, I'd say Jack's doing wonderfully. And besides he's right, it's just a small cut." I stated, looking back to Jack now tenderly wrapping my finger. His soft brown eyes flitted as his nimble fingers gently wove the thread. His hair hung over his eyes and his brow furrowed in concentration. I continued to stare, mesmerized, and I didn't realize he was already done and was standing there, holding my hand.

Draco scoffed, nudging me, which broke my trance. "Oh th-thank you." I smiled. Jack smiled back, "Of course...Now shall we finish this?" He pointed at the cauldron. I nodded, going back to grab the knife. "Oh no, how about you stir, and I'll cut this time." He said taking the knife from my hands. "Good idea." I said starting to stir. Draco resumed his brooding at the edge of the table.

----------Time skip to later that day------------

-----------------Draco's POV-----------------

I had convinced Flint and I walked down with the team down the grounds. Jack was sitting underneath a tree. "Hey Jack." I strutted up to him. He stood up confused. "Yes?" He asked. "We wanted to ask if you wanted to join us for Quidditch practice, maybe get a handle on the broom." I asked. Jack shook his head. "Oh, I'm afraid I cannot ride a broom for the life of me." He chuckled slightly, turning away. "You can surprise Y/N. She loves Quidditch. She was on our team until a couple years back. And if you train with us, maybe you can do well enough to try out for the Gryffindor team." I shrugged. Jack stopped in his tracks, considering what I said. "Um sure I guess I could train for a little while." He answered. I sneered. "Perfect. This Saturday." Then walked away. My plan was falling into place.

----------Time skip to that Saturday------------

-----------------Y/N's POV---------------

I woke up on Saturday morning. Hermione had told me to meet her in the Great Hall. I walked down to see her, Harry, and Ron whispering something. "Y/N, we're all going to the Hogs Head today to do something about the 'Umbridge' situation. Wanna come?" Ron asked. I nodded my head eagerly. The class was such a dead weight in my day, and we weren't learning anything. Apart from that, I wanted to get revenge on the nasty woman.

I got ready in warm clothes and started walking towards the Grand Clock where the carriages were waiting. I didn't see Jack anywhere; he was probably still in the school. I walked with Harry, Ron, and Hermione into the Hogs Head. Inside, a bunch of people were already waiting. We discussed forming a true defense against the dark arts class. Everyone signed their names. And that's how Dumbledore's Army was formed. (I cut out the details of the conversation because they're kind of boring).

We returned back to the castle. I asked Harry, "Have you seen Jack anywhere?" "Yeah he said something about Quidditch practice." Harry answered shrugging. "But he doesn't know how to play!" I gasped running towards the grounds. I could see shapes flying around. I saw someone hit a bludger. It was going straight at another person. He had plenty of time to move. But he was budging. The bludger hit and I screamed as I saw the person fall.