That's What Friends are For

(TW: BLOOD IN THE PICTURE)

I truly appreciate all the kind words that you guys said in my last chapter, they made me feel SO much better after I felt that I had somehow let you guys down. I'm going to try and personally respond to all of the comments because I really do appreciate each and every one of you<33. For now...Onwards with the story!

Oh no.

I didn't blame Jack for what he did. From what Lucius said, they literally had to force him to drink Veritaserum, and only then would he spill. But now the Snatchers knew at least the general whereabouts of where they were. I had to find some way to warn them.

But that was harder said than done. First of all, Hermione takes all the precautions to ensure that no one finds them, by a mixture of spells, they are literally invisible. Second of all, after the last stunt I pulled at the Manor, there was constant patrolling of the house. But even if I left, where would I go?

So all I could do is frantically pace. I paced in my room. I paced in the kitchen. I paced in the garden. And thus, pacing was the only thing I did over the days. I always had a backpack prepared, just in case I found an opening in which I could leave, or someone came to save me.

Draco and I were close. He was nicer and more understanding of our situation, but somehow, I had a feeling that his loyalties still lay with his father. And no matter what I told him; he didn't seem to change his perspective. I just hoped there wouldn't be a reason for him to doubt himself. Because I was scared of which side he'd choose.

---

So, the days went. Sometimes sitting by the fire, sometimes on the bench of the piano while he played, even once in the pool. But how could I enjoy these luxuries when my friends were out there fighting a war.

Until today.

The day started normally. Up until after lunch it was in fact normal, that is until Lucius got the message that the Snatchers had caught three people. I calmed myself. It could be any three people. I sat on the couch tapping my foot in impatience.

I heard the gates creek open. I jumped up and stood next to Draco. The doors opened up. My stomach churned as my worst suspicions were confirmed.

It was them.

I saw Hermione and Ron but...was that Harry? Greyback shoved Harry to the floor. Even Bellatrix was here to see if they had caught Harry. "Draco is this them?" Lucius asked. I held in my breath. Lie, Draco, please just lie...."I-I can't be sure." Draco said. Lucius grabbed Draco's neck, "Now be completely honest. All will be forgiven if the Dark Lord finds out that we caught Harry Potter." He whispered, but everyone could hear him nonetheless. "Now let's not forget you actually caught him." Greyback said.

Lucius looked ready to explode, but Narcissa pulled him back. Bellatrix extended a hand to Draco. "Come close, now tell us...Is this Harry Potter?" Draco peered closely. "What's wrong with his face?" He asked. "Yeah, what is wrong with his face!" Bellatrix repeated. "Looks like he caught something in the forrest. But look what we found in their tent." The Snatcher said, pulling out the sword of Gryffindor. Bellatrix's eyes widened.

"Where did you get this?" She spat. "We found it!" Hermione spoke up. Bellatrix walked up to her. "Let's have chat, girl to girl." She seethed. She grabbed Hermione and led her off. Harry and Ron were carried down to the dungeons. I tried following them, but Draco held me back. "No." He whispered. "What's going to happen to Hermio-" That's when I heard the scream.

"No! Hermione!" I shouted. The screams continued. It took all of Draco's effort to hold me back. The screaming stopped. Bellatrix came out with a limping Hermione as a goblin was brought out of the dungeon. Bellatrix stopped holding Hermione and made her way towards the sword and the goblin. Draco's grip loosened, and I took my chance. I ran towards Hermione who knelt on the floor. I gave her a hug and held her close.

She shivered in my arms. "Y/N..." She whispered. "Shh, hey, hey I'm here." I told her. I looked down at her arm. (TW BLOOD) Her arm had the word "mudblood" etched onto her skin. It was bleeding and dripping down her skin. I quickly ripped part of my shirt and wrapped it on the wound. Hermione felt a lot better and I helped her stand up.

Meanwhile, Bellatrix was arguing with the Goblin. I heard some sort of a bang in the dungeons. I looked toward it. Harry and Ron came running through. Bellatrix grabbed Hermione and held a knife at her neck. "Drop your wands!" Bellatrix ordered. Slowly Harry and Ron did. "Draco! Grab them." Draco scurried, taking the wands. Suddenly I heard a crack. Dobby appeared in front of me, smirked, and snapped.

The Chandelier fell, Bellatrix went one way, and Ron pulled Hermione out of the way. "You tried to kill me!" Bellatrix screeched. "Dobby didn't meant to kill, he meant to maim or seriously injure." Dobby replied. Among the confusion, I saw Harry take the clump of wands that Draco held. They all stood together, waiting for me. I started to run towards them, when I felt someone hooking my waist and pulling me back.

I turned to see Bellatrix raise her knife, pointing it at the group. "LEAVE! GO!" Harry looked towards me, trying to send a message through his eyes. But it was a moment too long. Time seemed to slow. Bellatrix threw the knife. I saw Dobby snap his fingers. The group started to apparate, but the knife was moving too fast. With one push, I got myself out of my captor's grip, running. I jumped, hoping I timed it right.

I heard the group disappear with a crack. I fell to the floor. I felt a sharp tang in the side of stomach. (TW BLOOD) I looked down to see blood soaking my shirt. I took the hilt of the dagger and pulled it out, hearing it clatter on the floor.

I felt Draco kneel. He wrapped his arms around me and picked me up, bridal style. He carried me upstairs to the bed. The loss of blood made my vision blurry. "You're going to get the sheets dirty." I mumbled. He shushed me and tended to my wound. "Why did you do it?" He asked softly. "That's what friends are for." I replied.

---

I decided to keep Y/N at the manor because usually in fanfics, she enters the Hogwarts fight with the trio, but I wanted to show a new perspective, so she's going to enter Hogwarts from the Dark side's perspective. But don't worry, she's still going to fight on the good side. Also yay Dobby isn't dead:))

Thank you so much for 200k reads!!! Welcome back to me screaming...AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!