Hogwarts Battle (Pt2)

Long chapter!

As we regained ourselves from nearly being burned to death, the clock chimed. The trio's eyes widened. "What's wrong?" I asked them. "It's midnight, we were supposed to give over Harry by now or else..." Hermione said. Then it dawned on me. Now was when the battle would begin. We rushed out onto the front courtyard. I saw the hordes of death eaters, trolls, giants, spiders, and every nightmare I could think of.

We battled through it all. I saw friends fighting...and falling all around me. As we moved through the castle, I gripped Draco's hand the whole way. An explosion sounded and we all fell apart. I looked around...but he was gone. Harry urged me to keep going and I nodded.

As I saw carnage all around me, a sudden familiarization dawned over me. The events that were playing out...I felt like I had seen them before...

As we ran through the courtyard, a giant troll raised his club and came smashing down. Hermione pulled me down under a series of pipes...like the troll incident in our First Year.

We continued running and came across a swarm of spiders crawling towards us. Ron whimpered. The spiders reminded me of the encounter with Aragog and his "brothers" in our Second Year. I shot spells at the swarm as we ran past those.

I looked to my left and saw Fenrir Greyback towered over a body. At first I was confused, then I realized he was a werewolf...like we had figured out Lupin was in our Third Year. He was feasting on somebody, so I shot a spell at him and he fell back.

That somebody was Lavender. Lavender was an sweet and pure soul. I felt a pang in my chest. A similar pang that I had felt when Cedric died. Death of the innocent. It reminded me of our Fourth Year.

As we continued on, I saw a swarm of dementors came toward us. No way could we hold that many off. Then I felt more people stand beside me. Dumbledore's Army. I smiled at Lupin who smiled back. They had come to save us like they had in our Fifth Year.

"Harry, where is Voldemort?" Hermione shouted. Harry shrugged. "I'll check." He closed his eyes and concentrated. Trying to connect his mind with Voldemort's. His eyes opened. "The Shrieking Shack! With Snape!" We rushed in that direction. So once again we were looking for the "Half-Blood Prince" as we had in our Sixth Year.

We peered through the Shrieking Shack. Voldemort was talking to Snape about something. "Unfortunately, Severus, the wand is now loyal to you. You have been a good servant so far. Nagini." The snake struck. I clenched my eyes. The wand? Oh! The Elder Wand. As we felt Voldemort leave, we scramble back in. Harry knelt close. Snape pulled out a vial and told Harry to collect the tear. I realized it must be a memory. "You guys keep going. I'll be back soon."

I nodded and Hermione, Ron, and I left. As we entered the fight, a resounding high-pitched voice filled the area. "Harry Potter...How many more of your friends must die...Come to me in the Forbidden Forrest...alone...in one hour...and you friends will be spared..." I stopped covering my ears and looked to see all of Voldemort's forces retreating.

I walked into the Great Hall, which served as a medical station for everyone wounded. I looked around for familiar faces. I saw Lupin and Tonks safely sitting down. I looked over to the Weasley family, circled around, crying. Oh no.

I ran alongside Ron to them. I looked to see Fred lying on the floor. Tears slipped out. "No no no... Fred..." I knelt down, looking down on his face.

Suddenly his eyes popped open, "Boo!" He screamed. I playfully hit him, "FRED!" He laughed, "You're not getting rid of me quite yet." He said smiling. I looked around. How much more devastation would I have to face.

As my eyes scanned around, I saw Harry walking outside...towards the forrest. What? I told everyone to stay put while I ran out. "Harry?" He looked back. "You're not actually going, are you?" He sighed. "Y/N...I...I am the seventh horcrux. Neither can live, while the other survives." He said. At this point Ron and Hermione had followed me out. I ran up and hugged Harry, for the last time. So did Hermione. He walked away. I turned back. I started walking back inside when I heard a voice.

----Draco's POV----

"We have to kill the snake, that's the only chance we'll get at Voldemort." I said. Y/N turned her head and looked towards me. I looked straight into her eyes, intending to send a message. I wanted to show no doubt on where my loyalties lay. I would be on her side. I would be with her. I would fight for her. And I would die for her.

---Y/N's POV---

I nodded, understanding what he felt. He was on our side. We walked back inside the Great Hall. I tended to the wounded. I didn't know how much time had passed. A voice cried out. "Look!" I looked outside and saw people walking towards us. Along with everyone else, I walked outside. I saw Voldemort walk in, behind him a huge figure loomed. It was Hagrid. He looked to be holding something in his arms.

It was Harry.

"Harry Potter is dead!" Voldemort laughed. The death eaters joined in. "From this day forth, you put your faith...in me. Harry Potter is dead. And now is the time to declare yourself, come forward and join us...or die." He sneered.

"Draco!" I heard Lucius say. He motioned for him to join us. I looked at Draco and grasped his hand. He looked at me. I thought I would see conflict, but his decision was clear. He looked back at his parents in defiance. Not moving at all. I smiled.

Neville stepped up. "I'd like something to say." Voldemort's eyes narrowed. "Go on." Neville stumbled. "It doesn't matter that Harry's gone. People die every day! Friends...family...yeah. We lost Harry tonight...he's still with us in here." He pointed to his heart, "So is Sirius, Cedric, and Dumbledore, and all of them. They didn't die in vain." He turned towards Voldemort, "But you will! Cause you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us! It's not over!" Neville stepped back and pulled the Sword of Gryffindor out of the Sorting Hat.

At the same time, Harry dropped from Hagrid's arms and rolled to the floor. Draco ran past, dropping his wand towards Harry. "Potter!" He exclaimed. Harry grabbed the wand and stood up.

The fight begun once more.

I followed the fight inside. Time was a blur. I saw Molly kill Bellatrix and I smiled. Harry was somewhere fighting Voldemort. After finishing the battle with the death eater, I saw Hermione lead the snake somewhere. I followed in pursuit. She held the basilisk fang in her hand. It came closer to her. I picked up a stone and threw it at Nagini. It then advanced towards me; except I had no weapon. I stumbled back.

Nagini tensed herself, about to lunge. She launched forward and I fell back. But just as she did, Neville came through and cut her half in the middle. I gave a thanks and stood up.

A thud sounded in the courtyard. Harry and Voldemort were fighting once more. They both shot out their spells. The spells connected. Green versus red. Without his extra souls, Voldemort was vulnerable. Harry pushed through. The red overcame the green and Voldemort sreamed. His skin flaked away until there was nothing left.

I fell to the ground.

It was done.

It was over.

This is not the last chapter!!