The Yule Ball

THE LONG AWAITED CHAPTER IS HERE.
Also a major inspiration for this chapter is from "All I want" by @pheobesphalange (my all time favorite draco fanfic) so all idea creds to her!

The week before the ball flew by. Harry had waited until the last minute to ask someone to the ball. He asked me but I had to politely refuse.

The ball had come. I spent the whole day getting ready. I took my dress and sneaked up to the Gryffindor common room. I wanted to get ready with my friends. We did each other's makeup. I kept mine pretty light. I curled my hair and put it half up and half down.

Looks something like this (This is just the general hairstyle, if you have shorter hair, just pretend you curled it, and if you have different colored hair, don't worry it still looks beautiful:)

I walked down the steps to the Great Hall. My eyes scanned for Levin. He looked at me smiling. I passed by Harry and Ron. "Y/N, you look brilliant." Ron said. "Beautiful." Harry said mesmerized. "Aw, thanks you guys." I walked past them. "I am the luckiest man at the ball tonight." Levin said as he extended his arm. I blushed slightly taking it.

After the Champions had danced first, everyone else joined on the floor. We danced for 20 minutes before we decided to take a break. He went to go get drinks and I went to Ron and Harry who were slumped on some chairs. "C'mon guys don't look so down." Ron sighed. Harry's eyes were focused on something behind me. I snapped in front of his face. "Hey, what's wrong" He looked up at me.

"Oh, nothing. It's just that he can't stop staring and I'd really wish he'd get his filthy eyes off of you." He said. I looked back, expecting Levin, but my eyes met silver ones. His eyes were trained on me while Alethea tugged on his arm. I slightly laughed at the sight and looked back to Harry. "Oh, come on, Draco's not that bad." I said. Ron looked horrified. Harry almost shouted. "Since when is he 'Draco' to you?!" I laughed grabbing his arm pulling him to the floor. "Chill, let's dance." I danced with him for a while, trying to cheer him up. He did, just for a little while. I excused myself to go get water, and what I saw shocked me.

Levin was making out with another girl. He was fully lip-locked against the wall. I looked away in disgust. I never liked Levin in that way, but he should've at least honored his date. Hell, he could've just told me. He didn't have to lie like that.

I ran out of the Great Hall. Tears didn't fall, I'm not much of a crier, but I felt empty inside. I just wanted to be alone. I turned the corner and slumped against the wall. I put my head in my arms and closed my eyes. I heard footsteps and they stopped beside me, I felt someone sit beside. "Harry Potter I do not want to see your face right now, go away." I said, my voice muffled. "Glad I'm not Harry Potter then." The voice said back. I looked to my side and saw Draco sitting there. "You're here to make fun of me aren't you?" I squinted at him. Him being nice just didn't sit well with me. "Why would you say that?" He teased. I smiled a little.

He stood up and offered me his hand. I looked confused. "C'mon." He said. I slowly took it and he helped me up. He started walking towards the ball. "Whoa whoa whoa." I stopped him, "What are you doing?" I asked. "I'm going to dance with you, duh." He replied. I raised my eyebrow, "What's the catch." I knew there was no way Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin Prince, would willingly dance with me. He sighed. "Do you want to make Levin jealous or not?" He said. I felt a pang in my heart. I was right. He didn't want to dance with me for the fun of it, he just wanted to make Levin jealous.

-----------------Draco's POV-----------------

"Do you want to make Levin jealous or not?" I asked. How else was I supposed to get this girl to dance with me? My whole plan worked up until this point. I had perfectly timed the love potion to enter Levin and that girl's drink. She was playing right into it, until now. No wonder I had to tutor her; this stupid beautiful dumbass couldn't understand that I wanted to dance with her.

-----------------Y/N's POV-----------------

Nevertheless, I took his hand and walked inside. People stared. I could feel the daggers shooting out of Alethea's eyes, but it was nothing compared to Harry's glare. I shook my head and gripped Draco's hand. We started dancing, but I was tense. "You need to relax." Draco said. I nodded but made no effort to do so. Draco rolled his eyes. "Now I'll just have to use my classic Malfoy charm." He said. "What do you mean by that?" I asked. He smirked in return.

He spun me unexpectedly then dipped me down. Slowly bringing me up, he stared into my eyes. My stomach dissipated into butterflies. I forgot about everyone else. He pulled me closer as a slow song came on. "Did you know," He whispered, his breath tickling my neck, "My favorite color's red." He paused. "And you look absolutely stunning in it." I melted into his words.

Rationality left my brain as I rested my head on his chest, slowly swaying to the music. Suddenly, I was yanked back. Harry gripped my arm. "What are you doing?" He hissed. I yanked my arm back. "Why do you care?" I snapped back. "He's literally using you to get back at someone else." I couldn't deny what he was saying, but for some reason I felt genuinely happy dancing with Draco. I huffed and left the Great Hall. How could this day get any worse? I should've just not come.

I kept walking as I heard footsteps behind me. "Wait!" Draco's voice echoed. I kept walking. The footsteps quickened and he ran up in front of me, making me stop. "Wait." He said breathlessly. "What now?" I whined. He looked up. Hanging above us was a mistletoe. I blushed. "No, I'm not kissing you Draco." I walked past him. He didn't try and stop me. I walked a couple steps when he said. "It's bad luck you know." I was tempted to turn around. "Whatever." I replied.

"You're going to regret it." He said. I turned back. I saw him in his white tux and black dress robes. His hair slightly disheveled. He had one hand in his pocket, the other fixing his shirt. He looked handsome. Before I could control my feet I walked up to him. "Not one word to anyone." I said as I leaned up and kissed him. His lips were soft and minty. It lasted maybe 5 seconds but felt longer. I broke it and turned on my heel, leaving without a word.

-----------------Draco's POV-----------------

I'd have to thank Professor Sprout for teaching me that spell on how to summon a mistletoe next time I see her.