Taken

A long chapter to thank you for your wait:) I looked at all your guesses of who it could be and only maybe one or two of you thought of this person, so I'm glad it's a surprise to most of you. 

I looked at who was leading me to my dorm. It was...Alethea. She set me on the bed and got a glass of water. I put my hand in front of me. "No, you probably poisoned it." I pushed the glass away and reached for my personal water bottle. She put the glass back and sat across from me. "If you want to hex me, go ahead." I told her. She shook her head and looked down at her hands. "No, I'm not here to hex you." I looked at her surprised. "Throw me off the tower?" I asked. She smiled a little.

"No, I'm here to make things right." She looked up at me. She suddenly grabbed my hands and tears poured down her face. "I-I'm so sorry Y/N. I've been horrible to you these past years. We started off so well and I-I just got jealous. Everywhere we went everyone asked 'Y/N this' and 'Y/N that' but no one even looked at me. I felt I was living in your shadow and it got to me! But that's no excuse for treating you like sh*t. I know you won't forgive me easily, but I had to get it off my chest." She took a deep breath after her rant.

I couldn't wrap my head around her words much. I was still in shock after what had happened to Draco. I didn't want to forgive Alethea easily for all that she had done, but I didn't have much of the energy to argue with her at this moment. "Hey, hey Alethea. Stop crying. I don't forgive you completely but I'm willing to start fixing things, just not right at this moment, a lot has happened and it's a lot to take in. I need to rest, give it some time, and then we can fix things." She nodded earnestly. "Shall I get you some new clothes?" She asked. I looked down at my clothes, wet with water and blood. I nodded.

I changed into fresh clothes and laid in bed. I would visit Draco once I awoke, but for now, sleep overtook me and I was lost in its comforting darkness.

I woke up and blinked the sleep from my eyes. I changed, eager to get to the Hospital Wing to see Draco. I rushed down the stairs to...see him sitting on the sofa. He was casually reading the newspaper. I walked up to him. He looked up and gave a small smile, then looked back down. I sat beside awkwardly. "Uhh, you good?" He nodded closing the paper and placing it on his lap. "This Saturday, I want you to stay in the common room until I come and get you okay? And I want you to promise you'll have the necklace with you. You don't have to wear it, just have it with you." "Why-" He shut his eyes and took a sharp breath in. "Please don't ask why, please, you'll understand soon enough." He opened up his paper and continued reading. I shook my head and got up. "I'll do what you say, but this behavior is weird Draco, even for you." And then I left.

---Time Skip to Saturday---

Harry was off with Dumbledore and it was getting dark. I was with Jack, Ron, and Hermione before, but as Draco had told me, I returned to the common room. I read patiently until I heard someone rush in. it was Draco. He grabbed my hand. "C'mon c'mon!" I followed him through the halls. He stopped in front of a wall, closed his eyes and muttered something. The walls opened up and he led me inside. Once inside he rushed to a cabinet and pulled the fabric off. I looked around at the piled stuff "What is this-" The cabinet shuddered. I turned back to face it. Draco backed up and held my hand. The cabinet opened up and out came...

Death eaters.

I gasped stepping back. Draco's grip tightened. I tried to run away but he didn't let me. "Aw the little girl wants to run awayy." Bellatrix teased. "Draco let go of me!" He didn't meet my eye but didn't let go either. "Cruc-" "Protego! You can't hurt her Aunt Bella!" Draco shouted. I looked to see Draco's wand pointed at Bellatrix's and hers pointed towards me. Bellatrix was stunned. She walked closer to Draco. "Don't you dare try and block my spells boy." Draco looked at the floor. "The Dark Lord promised me she wouldn't be hurt." Bellatrix rolled her eyes and walked away. "Go and finish the job Draco, while we have some...fun." She left with the other death eaters while Draco led me away once more.

I was silent as we walked. Draco had loosened his grip, but I knew running away would lead me nowhere. We walked up to the Astronomy Tower, Draco slowed his pace as I huffed up the stairs, we reached the top and I saw...Dumbledore. "Expelliarmus!" Draco shouted and Dumbledore's wand went spiraling. "Where's Harry?" I blurted out. Dumbledore looked weak and pale as he knelt, defenseless. "He is safe...for now." I released a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Draco? It was you?" Dumbledore asked. Draco still had his wand pointed at Dumbledore and nodded. "The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement, I've been mending it. The necklace for Angelina and the drink, it was all me." Dumbledore looked down. "Draco I once knew a boy who made all the wrong choices." 

"You're wrong." I spoke up. "He's not the boy that made the wrong choices, he's the boy who never had a choice. But now-" I looked Draco in the eye, "You have a choice Draco, lower your wand, you don't have to-" "Don't you understand?" Draco whimpered looking at me. "I have to do this." He looked back to Dumbledore, taking his hand out of mine and pulling up his sleeve to reveal the Dark Mark. I gasped stepping back. "I have to kill you...or...or he's gonna kill me." His lower lip trembled. "Do it now Draco!" A voice sounded. Bellatrix was back. She walked over to Draco. And whispered in his ears. "Now." "Draco no!" I shouted. "Silence girl!"

"Wait!" I looked to see Snape stride in. He stood face to face with Dumbledore. "Severus...Please." Dumbledore begged. Snape raised his wand.

"Avada Kedavra."

I screamed as I saw a flash of silver beard go off the edge. I tried to run up to the railing, but strong hands pulled me back "PLEASE LET ME GO!" I tried squirming and screaming. To no avail, I was dragged off the tower. Tears rolled down my face constantly and blurred my vision. I did not know where I was being led to, but I had to keep walking. We reached the grounds. I saw Bellatrix leap around with joy. She lit fire to Hagrid's hut. "HAGRID!" I shouted, hoping he'd heard. I felt Draco's cold hands once again in mine, pulling me back.

I heard Harry shout behind me. I turned around to see him aim a spell at Snape. My eyes caught his just for a second. And in that second a thousand emotions mirrored in his green eyes. Relief, shock, pity, sadness, but the one that hurt the most, betrayal.

AND THAT IS YEAR 6 AS A WRAP!

Sorry for the late updating guys, I have been SO busy these days. I promise I am no way done writing this book and I have a bunch more exciting stuff coming. It may be harder for me to update for these couple of days, but I will try my best. I just wanted to announce that my updates may be slightly infrequent for the rest of the week, then I'll be back on track in the upcoming weeks.

Again, this is just temporary, I wanted to clear up any doubt that I'm leaving the book or something.

I love you guys so SO so much and I don't know what I'd do without your support <3

Stay safe!

-J