Do YOU really like me?

Marinettes Pov:

"what is it you need to talk to me about?"

We sat down across from each other where the candles glow and we could see each others faces.

"Mari it's about Heather...."

"oh"

For once I thought he wasn't going to bring her up but I was wrong. I feel my heart sinking and my smile isn't there.

"oh no no no not like that Angel."

"then how?" I was getting annoyed at this point and was about to leave

"I want to no I need to explain myself to you."

"You really don't" I remarked 

"I do Angel I need to tell you why. Please let me."

He holds my hands and he looks desperate like if his life depend on telling me why hes been with Heather. I sighed giving in.

"OK go ahead."

He squeezes my hands and gives me a small smile and in his eyes I see that hes telling me thank you.

"When you left I was a wreck.." He squeezed my hands once again took a deep breath and continued.

"I was a wreck Habibi I didn't talk to no one I was colder. When you called me all those times I was frighten you where going to tell me you found someone that wasn't me so I never answered. Months later I meet Heather and Ethan. Ethan before he was really out going and all the girls loved him for that. But he had his eyes only for."

"Heather"

I cut him off

"yes and Heather was the second most nicest girl Gotham has meet. Well that's what they say I just believe she's a normal regular girl."

"why second mon démon?"

"you are and will always be the nicest sweetest most beautiful girl Gotham ever meet hubibi (darling). You are the first and will always be the first."

He  stroked my arm as he answered my question. As he told me this I knew he was being sincere because of his face for once he was showing me his emotions as he spoke. But just after seeing his emotions his face became neutral once again. 

"as I was saying Heather has feelings for Ethan her childhood best friend and she decided to be obvious about how Ethan feels about her thinking that Ethan doesn't love or like Heather. So she came to me for advice... I said yes a stupid decision I did but I can't go back now and change the past it happened for a reason. I started to help her get Ethan attention she started being clingy on me pretending she was "in love with me"."

When he said in love with me I heard the disgust in his voice like it was horrible of the thought of  Heather being in love with him.

"Ethan started to get jealous and I thought I was done and didn't need to help her no more. Then when you came I had a project with Heather...I did the most idiotic move by inviting her for dinner. I called her an Angel...I-I was thinking of you and when I was introducing Heather I thought just for a millisecond she was you she was my Angel and when the word came out of my mouth every sense came back and who I saw was Heather and not you...I felt guilt built in me as if I just killed someone again. Then you showed yourself and something inside me turned my emotions from overjoy of seeing you habibi it turned it into anger and then I did the second most idiotic thing and left without hugging you greeting you when you where waiting for me to  and how I thought I would but didn't I just took Heather and left."

He gripped my hand not daring to look at my reaction. I was just surprised you could say I looked surprise. I felt confused of what he is telling me of all that has happened while I was in Paris. He took a shaky breath and continued.