Chapter 4

The silence that enveloped the throne room for the next few minutes was broken by the teary eyed gods of messengers and wisdom running and cradling the dead bodies of their children. The lord of the sea himself had tears in his eyes seeing his son safe . As he started moving towards his son, suddenly the air next to the son of poseidon shimmered and a hole looking like a portal opened behind him and began pulling percy towards itself.

The demigod noticed this and tried to escape, but the force of suction was too much for the tired hero.

As the gods started to move towards percy to save him, he shouted," No !! Please stay behind. This is the curse that Kronos put on me as he faded ,this is stronger than you and will surely pull you in with me. Please don't come near me .I accept my fate and am happy to know that my death didn't go in vain"

By this point, the God of the seas was in tears . The demigod further continued," please dont let my and Annabeths sacrifice go waste. Promise me that you will claim all your children by the age of 12 and give them a place in camp."
This part was spoken towards Zeus.

The god of the skies nodded his head solemnly towards the demigod and said," I swear on the river styx to follow your suggestion nephew. You have made Olympus and your family proud of you my boy."

Percy smiled at his uncle's words and then turned to his father" Thank you father, for trusting me and coming to help.  Please tell mom that I am sorry and that I love her. Thank you for everything and please know that i love you dad."

Poseidon just nodded his head numbly as his emotions were jumbled up."I love you too, my son .you have made me proud ."

He felt proud of his son, love for him and also depressed that his little boy was sacrificing himself.

The son of Poseidon then relaxed his body and with an expression of acceptance,  let himself be sucked by the portal.

Poseidon just collapsed on the floor and let his tears fall freely. After few moments,  zeus got the council to calm down and proceeded the awards ceremony.

All the demigods , along with chiron had tears in their eyes for the loss and sacrifice of their friend. Even lady Artemis was sad that the only selfless and honourable man to ever walk on earth had sacrificed himself to save his family, a family that had never done anything for him.

The gods, even Ares couldn't help but feel a small amount of respect for the hero.

Olympus had lost it's best hero that day.
But the hero's path had just begun.

(A/N  Should I make percy more strong by giving him time powers or let it be the same, water and electricity? Plz suggest)