Chapter 11

Third POV

The gods charged the Titans with their weapons raised. Atlas just smirked and casually fiddled with his ten foot long javelin. As Percy approached him,Atlas got in an offensive battle stance and raised his weapon to show Percy that he was ready.
Percy stopped fifteen feet in front of the Titan and smirked . He did a good job of hiding his nervousness because he knew that if his plan did not work, he would become a shish- kebab in mere minutes. He knew that he had to bide as much time as he could, so that the other gods could defeat their opponents and help Percy.

He decided that the only way to distract Atlas for so long was by mocking him. " Are you sure that you are the general of the titan army? Man, even Epimetheus looked more scary than you."

Percy could literally see the veins on the titans head pop. " You dare doubt me , you weakling? I am Atlas , titan of the sky, and the greatest warrior amongst the Titans. "

Percy replied ," Oh well you don't look like much. Is Kronos blind that he appointed you as the general? "

Atlas roared and charged Percy, screaming bloody murder. Percy uncapped riptide and blocked his first strike . They exchanged blows for about fifteen minutes . Percy was tiring by the minute as he had to use his time powers to match Atlas's skill. Atlas on the other hand was just sweating, but not as tired as Percy .

While making the next strike, Percy left his left side unguarded and Atlas took advantage of this by striking him with the javelin, thus leaving a rather large wound on Percy's abdomen. Golden ichor started to flow through the wound . Percy winced in pain and he knew that at the rate by which the blood was flowing, he had maybe 10 minutes before he lost consciousness.

So, he made a final attempt to defeat the Titan . He called down a large bolt of electricity and some water , and merged them into a ball, like he had done with Epimetheus. He sent the ball towards Atlas , who tried to move out of the way, but was still struck by the ball. He was blasted back about forty feet and fell to the ground.

Meanwhile, Hades and Zeus were having an easy battle against Prometheus. The titan of forethought may have a sharp brain, but he was not a good warrior. Hades was fighting with a sword while Zeus had a celestial bronze spear. They both were working as a good team and were not giving the Titan any chance to fight back.

After about twenty minutes of fighting, Zeus found an opening and stabbed the titan in his left shoulder. The titan screamed in pain and thus lost his concentration. Hades used this as an advantage and disarmed him He then cut off the Titan's head . Prometheus's body fell to the ground and crumbled to dust. The brothers patted each other on the back and turned to inspect the battle.

Poseidon and Hestia had a hard time duelling the titan of destruction. Perses was a good fighter and much more experienced than the two gods. Poseidon was fighting with his sword , while Hestia was throwing fireballs at the titan from a distance.
At one point , Hestia had gotten a little too close to the Titan . Seeing this as an opportunity, the titan tried to stab the goddess. Hestia was sure that she was going to go to Tartarus the painful way and closed her eyes .

But to her surprise, the strike never came. She opened her eyes and gasped. Poseidon was standing in front of her. He had taken the blow that was meant for her. Perses's sword was pierced in Poseidon's left shoulder. Before he could remove his sword, Poseidon swung his sword and beheaded the Titan. Perses crumbled to dust and Poseidon fell to his knees. He was breathing heavily. Hestia gently sat down and pulled his head in her lap.

"Why did you take that blow for me?" she asked . "Couldn't let you die, could I?" Poseidon said with a pained chuckle.
Hestia smiled a warm smile and placed her hand on his wound. She used her powers to heal his injury. Poseidon looked greatfully at her and nodded to her with a lopsided grin. She grinned back and pulled him in for a gentle kiss.

When they finally pulled back, Poseidon was opening and closing his mouth, unable to comprehend the situation and form words . Hestia was blushing and nervous that she had gone too far and that he did not feel the same for her. Poseidon finally gained control over his emotions and  had a stupid grin plastered on his face . He simply pulled Hestia in for another kiss, earning a surprised yelp from her.

Meanwhile, Percy was still on his knees and his vision was starting to get blurry. Atlas had also started to rise from the ground . His armour was torn and ichor was flowing from his nose and mouth. When he saw that his comrades had fallen in the battle, he knew that for now , escaping was the best decision.

He snarled at Percy and said, " It was mistake that I underestimated you young God. But I promise it won't happen again. The next time we meet, you will fall to my javelin. Have my word on this. " He then disappeared in a flash of light. Hades and Zeus  had seen the scene between Hestia and Poseidon and were giving them smug smiles.

Demeter had joined them while Hera had run towards Percy and helped him stand up. When they reached the other gods , the latter noticed Percy's injury and gained worried expressions on their faces.

Percy turned to Poseidon and said," Conjure up some water". Poseidon did as he was told. Percy just took the water and poured it on his  wound . The other gods watched in awe as the water closed up his wound , leaving behind just a scar . Percy waved his hand and summoned seven pieces of ambrosia and handed a piece to everyone. The godly food immediately showed its effect and energized them.

"Well. Two titans out of the sixteen have been eliminated. Now we have the remaining fourteen to worry about. " Everyone nodded to this .

"So whose ready for a vacation in the pit of eternal damnation?" I asked sassily. The gods laughed nervously and nodded. We then went over to the entrance of the pit.

We turned ourselves to birds . Poseidon was a seagull , Hades was a Raven, Zeus became an eagle, Hera was a cuckoo.Hestia was a kingfisher and Demeter was a turtle-dove. I turned myself into my sacred bird , or the Phoenix. We nodded to each other and descended into the scariest and most dangerous place on Earth , Tartarus.