Epilogue

A/N
So guys and gals, sorry for the delay. The family emergency I informed you about in the previous chapter lasted longer than I thought. So I was not able to update earlier. But as they say, family comes first.

But here is the last chapter for this story. I am keeping the ending such that I can use it for a sequel. Comment if you want a sequel. But even if you want it, it won't be immediate as I am now gonna completely concentrate on my other story.

Finally, thanks for staying with me from the start. I know that this story was small and not all that special, but you guys supported me from the very start. Whether it be compliments, suggestions or criticism, you helped me in each way. I couldn't ask for a better set of readers. 🙂😃😃

Finally, please check my other story and vote for the ladies in the harem in the other story. Onward with the story.

Percy POV

Kronos disappeared. It was over. He died.
But you know how you feel in your gut when something is gonna go wrong and you know it? That was the feeling that came over me as a chill went down my spine. I thought about it just being my paranoia, but considering my fucking bad luck, it was not the case.

I was proven right when a scream brought me out of my thoughts. following the sound I saw rhea with a sword sticking out of her abdomen. Tethys was making her final blow, but before she could do anything, Hades beheaded her. Everything was unfolding in front of my eyes but I wasn't able to move. It was like I was there but at the same time, I wasn't. I looked around the battlefield to find the foes dead.

It was all a bloody, blurry mess. All the gods had circled rhea. They motioned for me to come forward. To help them. And I did my best to move, I really did. But I failed to move Even an inch. This was the second time a loved one had been killed in front of my eyes and I couldn't do anything about it. It would forever act as a reminder of my failure, one person out of the many loved ones who died in front of my eyes, and I was unable to prevent it. I wasn't strong enough, fast enough.

The three furies came in front of my eyes. Saying,"death cannot be avoided. It's her time . They should let her go Persueus Jackson. Do not blame yourself. It was in her fate to die today. Not even our mother can change someone's fate. Not even Lady Chaos is stronger than fate itself." I silently nodded and they flashed out.

Rhea was saying her last goodbyes to her children and niece. I stayed back and let the mother and her kids have their moment. When Rhea's eyes finally landed on me, she smiled softly and beckoned me forward.
As I reached her, she grasped my hand in hers and spoke gently," Thank you Perseus for helping my children avenge themselves. You are the best grandson any lady could ask for. " Then she pulled me closer and whispered in my ear, "Take care of her Percy. If you hurt her, I will myself come from the realm of faded to kill you." She threatened, but it was in a joking voice, which caused me to give out a small smile.

I responded, "Fair enough, old lady." This earned me a smack on my head. But then she held my face and planted a kiss on my forehead. She did the same to her sons and
daughters. Then she left my hand and looked at the sky for the last time.

With that the bags of dirt went away. Everyone was drenched in blood both someone else's and their own, covered in battle scars. Filled with sorrow and hope that maybe they could save her somehow. Only Hades and I had the look of understanding for maybe we both knew that this was fate. That it was to done so a new era of peace could be started. It was to be done to cut all ties to the horrible past,to be free from its chains pulling the bright future into utter dispair.

The elder Olympians were openly crying. Even the five elder gods who only knew their mother for about three months were bawling their eyes out. And honestly, I couldn't really blame them. Even my eyes brimmed with unshed tears as I saw my grandmother fade in front of my eyes.