Chapter 18

Kronos POV
(Bet you weren't expecting that.)

Clang!! The sound echoed through the room as I threw the empty glass across the room at the opposite wall. I had never expected , scratch that, never even in my wildest and weirdest thoughts had I ever thought that a mere mortal would be such a big pain in my ass. I could have easily won the war against those puny gods. Ahh! The tortures I had planned for my three sons. But NOOOOO!
Percy Jackson just had to come along and fucking  spoil every single one of my plans. And when I try to kill him with my curse, the little shit just pops up from nowhere ,that too immortal. And to add salt to my wound , he gets my domain.

I try to break him by influencing his step father, (A/N assume that Kronos controlled Gabe to torture Percy). 
But he stays strong. Then I try to take away his loved ones , but he even manages to save them.  As a last straw, I kill his pathetic little girlfriend, hoping he will lose hope and give up. But he just gets stronger and kills me!
The nerve of that boy. Ughhhhh.

Even now, he has managed to fuck up each of my plans. Add to that the fact that he even made Prometheus and Perses fade. Also managed to put Krios in a comatose state. Even though Krios is the weakest among us six brothers, he is still strong enough to match two of my sons together in power.

Imagine my  frustration when I get to know that Chronus blessed him . The old bastard. When I asked him for a power boost, he declined. And then the Fates decide to help him in his endeavors. Why does this happen to me??

One thing I wish for is an easy win against my pathetic children and traitorous wife. But still that boy has to foil everything. It seems as if he knows a way out of all the challenges I send toward him.

Speaking of my traitorous wife, I had sent two of my brothers with three other titans to capture her. I knew that my children loved their mother very much. If I captured her, they were sure to fall to their knees. As I was thinking , there was a bright flash outside my room , signifying the arrival of my brothers. I opened the door with a sadistic smirk on my face. What I saw made my expression morph into one of surprise.

The five Titans were there alright, but they were all seriously injured. How could those seven puny gods and my traitorous neice manage to defeat my siblings? But then my mood lifted when I saw the victorious look on Iapetus's face. Beside him stood my wife, bound in chains. I scowled when I saw her. Fear was evident on her face.

"Hello wife. How have you been?" I asked mockingly, saying the word 'wife' as if it was the worst thing I could think of. She paled a little more. I walked up to Iapetus. "So brother, what news do you bring?"

" The mission was a success ,my Lord. We managed to capture Rhea and also slew the hundred handed ones and the cyclopes. But the gods have grown strong. They have new weapons. And Perseus , the boy you told us about, has an aura about as strong as yours and mine put together. If we would not have escaped, I am sure he would have slain me. The only time I have seen an aura this strong is from our father. Though Perseus's aura is not that strong, it is a close match."

This made  my eyes widen to the size of dinner plates. Trust me when I say that Titan dinner plates are much larger than those you mortals use. More power. Just what that boy needed. Yayy ! Note the sarcasm.

"Well. Good to hear that you completed your 
mission brother. We will worry about the boy later. Now, I think that me and my wife here must make up for lost time." I ended with an evil grin that sent shudders down everyone's spines. The other Titans nodded and flashed out, leaving me with a cowering titaness of motherhood.

I walked towards her . Stopping five feet from her, I asked in a cold voice, " Why did you betray me dear? Was I not a good husband?"

This seemed to anger her for some reason.
" A good husband? Tell me Kronos, which good husband eats his own kids? " She screamed .

" I did what was necessary. They weren't even Titans . They were pathetic weaklings that were prophecised to destroy me. " I suddenly lost control and slapped her. This was the first time I had slapped my wife. I could literally see the hurt in her eyes. This broke the small part of my heart that still loved her. But I couldn't let my emotions take control. I couldn't let myself look weak. So , crushing that small part of my heart, I grabbed her shoulder and threw her on the bed. I cuffed her hands to the bedpost and left the room. Even though I could have had my way with her on the bed, I had more important matters to deal with right now.

I called the Titans in the  meeting room of my palace. When everyone appeared, I banged my scythe on the floor.  I turned to Oceanus." Brother, send a message to my pathetic children that if they want their mother back, they have to surrender before us . This way, we will spare their lives and also give them back Rhea. If not, they can wage war and risk the death of their mother. "

He nodded and flashed out. Then we spoke about  other important matters. Five minutes later , Oceanus flashed in and said with a grave expression, "They have refused to surrender,brother. Perseus has challenged you . He proposes  a duel between him and one of our Titans. This will be a duel to death. If we win, the gods will surrender, if he wins, we have to hand Rhea over. "

The council was in an uproar . Everyone was pressurizing me to accept the challenge. I was the only one  who knew that Perseus was a formidable opponent. The other Titans were enraged about the fact that a mere godling thought himself equal to a Titan.

Perseus had played an excellent game of politics. He knew that the ego of the Titan council would be hurt by his challenge. He also knew that if I didn't accept the challenge, I would look weak before our armies and this would lower our chances in the war. If I did accept, he had a high chance of winning, judging that he had defeated two elder Titans single handedly, at the same time.

Seeing no way around, I reluctantly accepted the duel and Hyperion was chosen to fight for the Titans, as I wanted to save Atlas for the final battle. Even though he was my enemy, I still had to accept that Perseus had played a good move. If he won the duel, we would lose a great fighter, and will also have to hand over our hostage.
Sighing, I declared the meeting over and flashed to my room. As I was in no mood for having my way with Rhea, I just threw her over the bed and went to sleep. I swear that Perseus will pay. Till then, all I can do is wait , and when an opportunity comes,  strike hard.

(A/N. Tried to do a different point of view. I thought of showing Kronos as an evil scientist. I thought that His monologue was funny tho. Please comment and press the little star on the bottom👋👋Peace out.)