Oh Fuck

Death. What happens to you when you die? Do you go to Heaven? To Hell? Or maybe purgatory. Reincarnation? Well shit. Look's like I would find out soon.

How did I die? Oh, right. I had been walking down the sidewalk when I heard a woman screaming. Of course, my heroic ass decided to run to help her. There was a man, trying to rape a woman. I spotted a rusty old wrench, which so happened to be there, and decided to help her out. I snatched the wrench and hit him with it. He instantly fell to the ground.

"Are you ok?" I asked the woman. And there was my mistake. With my adrenaline rushing, I had forgotten to make sure the man would stay down. Pain erupted through my head as the man smashed the wrench against me. As my vision blurred, I could see the woman running away.

"Fucking bitch!" The man yelled at me. My leg swiped underneath him and he fell to the ground. I quickly grab the wrench that had fallen and raised it above my head, ready to strike.

Bang! Bang bang! I looked down to see my shirt turning red. Fuck. I've been shot. Three times. My body fell to the floor and I laid on the ground, numb to the pain. My head rolled to the left to see the man running away.

Well shit. I'm gonna die. Alone. As the world around me darkened, I let out a chuckle, which sounded like I was coughing. Maybe I was. But it didn't matter. I was dying. At least it wasn't painful, considering my adrenaline kept me numb. I let out one more haughy laugh before my eyes shut closed.

"Mazikeen Turner?" My eyes snapped open. Holy shit. I'm alive! My happiness was soon cut short.

"Y-yes?" I turned to see a beautiful woman. She wore what seemed to be a business outfit. How strange. Shouldn't I be in a hospital? I mean, I was shot three times.

"Please follow me." Without even waiting for me to respond, she turned around and began walking. I quickly followed her, my eyes scanning around. This wasn't a hospital, so where the hell was I? I looked down at my shirt, which had been replaced with a white gown. Who the hell changed me? And why wasn't I in pain? Did I get kidnapped? Questions ran through my mind as I followed the woman.

"U-um, where am I?" I asked quietly. Either the lady didn't hear me, or she was ignoring me, she didn't answer. Finally, she stopped at a door. There was a sign above it that read, 'Mortem'. Well shit. I was dead. From watching too many shows, I knew 'mortem' meant death in Latin. I turned to look at the woman, only to see she had disappeared. Not knowing what else to do, I knocked on the door.

"Come in." The door swung wide open, revealing an office-like room. Hesitantly, I entered the room.

"Mazikeen Turner?" A man called out. He was sitting on the couch, with another woman. Wow, they were really pretty.

"Y-yes, that's me." The man stood up and shook my hand. He guided me towards a desk and sat me down on the chair.

"Hello, Mazikeen. My name is Azrael. I'm sure you've heard of me?" Azrael? Isn't that thr name of the arch-angel of death?

"Y-yes, I think so." My mind was racing. Holy shit. I'm an atheist. Well, I guess not anymore. The woman, who I had totally forgotten about, stood up from the couch and rested her hands on my shoulder. Instantly, I felt calmer.

"My dear Mazikeen, you have lived a rough life. I am so sorry for what has happened to you." Me, being a dumbass, just nodded at her. What was I supposed to say?

"I am sorry to inform you that you have died." Azrael said, causing the woman to smack his head.

"Azrael! You can't just say that!" The woman huffed at Azrael. "What he means to say is that you have passed on from your time on Earth." Lady, that means the same thing!

"I uh, I kind of figured. I'm sorry, where am I? What's going to happen to me?" The questions just poured out my mouth before I could stop myself.

"It's alright. I understand you have many questions. Unfortunately, we do not have much time." The woman assured me kindly.

"You were not supposed to be born," Azrael stated. I blinked at him. What?

"Azrael!"

"Do you understand the multi-universe theory?" I nodded. "Well, to simply put it, your soul was meant to go to a different universe. However, your soul was misplaced and you were sent to the non-magic universe."

"So, what happens now?"

"We are going to send you to your assigned universe." Wait, what?!

"What does that mean?" I wasn't sure if I wanted to know.

"You will be reborn. With our gifts, of course." Gifts?

"Yes, you will soon understand. It is time."

"Wait! I have so many questions!" The woman simply smiled at me and tapped my forehead. Then, everything went dark.

I wasn't sure how much time had passed by. I was surrounded by darkness. I could hear muffled sounds and occasionally music. After what seemed like an eternity, a bright light shined against my closed eyes. I could feel someone wrapping me in a blanket. My eyes fluttered open to see a woman.

"Isn't she beautiful Rudy?" I almost laughed at the man's name.

"She sure is. What are you going to name her?"

"Oh, I was thinking Bonnie-" My eyes snapped open. Oh fuck! Fuck! I was being reborn as the most judgmental witch from The Vampire Diaries. "Bonnie Mazikeen Bennett. What do you think dear?"

"I love it." The woman let out a yawn before handing me to Rudy. I guess Rudy is now my father. And Abby is now my mother. I let out a cry. I mean, imagine being reborn into a family of fucked up witches. I knew Abby would leave me at the age of three and Rudy would be absent for most of my life. Rudy-I mean, my father held me tightly yet gently. It was calming. Nope. I was still freaking out. A shrill cry, which I'm assuming came from me, caused Rudy to panic as I struggled against his arms. He quickly tried to hand me to Abby, which caused me to bawl even more.

"What's wrong with her?" Abby asked, patting my back.

"May I hold her?" A familiar voice asked, which caused me to stop crying. Shiela Bennett? Oh hell yeah! I was transferred into Shiela's arms and she began cooing at me. I let out a smile and touched her face. Damn! My arms felt heavy. I let out a giggle when Shiela tickles my stomach. Eventually, I began to get tired and my eyes fluttered closed. Hopefully, when I wake up, this will all have been a dream. A freaky nightmare.