Being a baby sucks!

Age 1:

Unfortunately for me, I had stayed as Bonnie Bennett. With almost no ability to move, I had to be carried everywhere. And holy shit. Being a baby sucks. For one, I was being breast-fed up until six months, at which point I refused to be breast-fed. Of course, Abby and Rudy, which I needed to start calling my parents, had panicked when I refused to drink from her. Shiela simply suggested the idea of using a bottle, which I was forever grateful.

I was finally able to walk on my own, though not very far. Abby was very caring, too bad she would leave me in a couple years. Abby was very excited to introduce me to the Gilberts. I remembered how that went.

"Bonnie! Today we're going to see the Gilbert family!" Of course, I didn't want to go. Fuck John and Greyson Gilbert. Miranda, ehhh. I didn't know too much about her.

After a half hour of me hiding, Abby finally was able to drag me to the Gilberts. Jeremy wasn't born yet, and Elena was pretty chill. Mostly because she couldn't talk.

"Oh dear! Is that Abby Bennett in the living room?" Miranda called from the kitchen, rushing to the living room. After giving hugs and kisses to Abby, she turned towards me and gasped. "Oh my! What an adorable little baby you are!" Miranda held out her palm, instead of just grabbing me like everyone else. I decide that I'll play it by ear with Miranda. I tilted my head and shyly smiled at her, grabbing onto her pointer finger.

"Is she speaking yet?" Greyson asked, descending from the stairs. I hadn't uttered a word yet. I was saving it for a special occasion. Grayson walked towards me and reached out to pick me up. Nope! Fuck you Grayson. So, of course, I started screaming, which caused everyone to panic. Abby quickly picked me up and began bouncing me in an attempt to calm me.

After a couple minutes, I decided to stop screaming and wiggled out of Abby's arm. I headed towards the front door but promptly stopped when Abby picked me up again. I huffed at her and pointed to Miranda. Might as well make a connection with her since the dopplewhore-ahem, since Elena was 'her child'. I would need someone adult, besides grams, to talk to. Miranda pointed at herself and I nodded, stretching my arms towards her. She seemed to be very happy by my actions because she squealed in excitement.

"Hello there, Bonnie." I smiled at her and hugged her leg, since I was too short to hug her normally. Suddenly, there was a loud bang. Apparently, even as a baby, Elena wanted the attention. She had knocked over a vase. The loud sound caused me to panic. My breathing became erratic and I was screaming and crying. I couldn't help it. Miranda and Grayson were quick to pick Elena up away from the shards. Abby was trying to console me from my panic attack. She quickly said goodbye to the Gilberts and we headed home. So, yeah. My first meeting with Elena went shit. Eh, not like I cared anyways.

Age 2:

To my surprise, time seemed to go faster. Maybe because I was literally sleeping half of the time. I was a tired baby, can't blame me. I met Caroline. She was very energetic as a baby. She was actually the person I said my first words to.

"Bonnie, we're going to go to the park today!" Abby said enthusiastically. I just nodded at her and followed her. Once we arrived at the park, she left to go sit with the other parents. I guess this was their way of saying, 'make some friends'. I scanned the play area and saw a flash of blonde hair before getting knocked over.

"I sorry!" The blonde apologized, which was very cute. I stood up and brushed the dust off of me before looking at the girl. "I'm Caroline Forbes!"

"I'm Bonnie Bennet. But you can call me Maze. Let's be friends." Well, I hadn't had many friends in my previous life, so I had no idea how to socialize. Luckily, Caroline seemed to be happy having had made a friend. We ran around together playing tag and chasing each other. After a couple hours, Abby called me over to go home. I grabbed onto Caroline's hand and walked over to Abby.

"Who is this Bonnie?" Abby asked in a childish tone. I rolled my eyes and hugged Caroline.

"Friends with Caroline." Ha! I should've taken a picture of her face. Abby began tearing up and smiled at me.

"Hi! I'm Caroline Forbes!" Aw, baby Caroline was so adorable. Liz came over to see what was going on.

"Hi there Mrs.Bennett. Is everything alright?" Liz asked.

"Oh dear! I'm so sorry," Abby said, wiping her tears and falling herself, "it's the first time Bonnie has ever spoken! I'm Abby Bennett." She held out her hand which Liz shook.

"That's great to hear! Caroline loves making new friends." I tuned out of their conversation.

"Maze?" Caroline called out to me.

"Yes?"

"They talk a lot." I giggled at her pout.

"Yes they do."

Age 3:

Caroline and I became close friends. Unfortunately, Caroline befriended Elena, which meant that Elena was with us most of the time. My magic began to manifest itself. And not the way I expected. The three of us were playing hide-and-go seek, with Elena being the seeker. Caroline and I were running through the forest.

"Can you climb a tree?" I asked her. She shook her head and I smiled at her. "I'll show you." I began to mount the tree and was half-way up when my foot slipped.

"MAZE!" Caroline screamed as I began to fall. I shut my eyes and waited for the impact which never came. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself being held by the tree. It slowly lowered me down to the ground and reverted back to its original shape. I turned to Caroline, who's mouth was open.

"Caroline." I snapped my fingers in front of her face a couple times before she snapped out of it.

"What the heck happened?!" She asked. I sighed. This was not the way I planned on coming out about being a witch.

"I'm a witch-"

"Like the ones on TV?"

"Kind of. Listen Care, you can't tell anyone about this."

"Why not?! It's so cool!" Caroline was bouncing up and down with the widest grin. I sighed again and placed my hands on her shoulder to stop her from bouncing.

"Caroline, this is serious. People don't like witches. They think witches are bad. Please promise me you won't tell anyone. Not even Elena."

"Why not Elena?" She pouted.

"Grayson hurts people who are different. You cannot tell anyone what happened. I promise I'll explain it to you later."After explaining as best as I could to a three year old, we decided it was time to go home. Caroline became even more attached to me, wanting to protect me from Grayson. Elena was still friends with Caroline. I wasn't going to be a bitch to Elena, so I tried to be friends with her. I just didn't let her tell me what to do, which ended with me telling her no and her throwing a hissy fit.

I began to study magic through the grimoires. To my surprise, I could easily read it. As soon as I opened the book, the foreign words began to shift, turning into English. Huh, that made it a lot easier.