We are Family

Jeremy and Tyler welcomed Enzo into the house. Matt was very suspicious and asked why I was letting an older man who had no relations with us live at the house.

"Who is he? How old is he? Why'd you bring him here?" Matt had asked.

"First of all, he is our new friend. He will be staying here. If you have a problem with that, you talk to me about it. You will welcome him, like I welcomed you in MY house. If you can't get along, then you can leave." That seemed to make him more mad.

"I've been living with you for almost six years! And you're choosing him over me?!" I took a deep breath. Vicki and Tyler quickly guided Enzo to his new room. Rico took Maxfield down to sound proof cell.

"Matt, the only reason why I allowed you to live here was because Vicki is my friend. You are pushing your limit. I have no problem throwing you out of this house. You may be Vicki's brother, but I will not tolerate disrespect. You have not shown me a reason to allow you to stay here. You skip family night, ignore us, talk shit about me to Elena, yeah, I know about that. So let me one thing straight," I started, growling at him.

"In this household, we respect each other. We take care of each other. And if you can't handle my rules, then you can move out." Matt stared at me in shock. "In addition, you act like you're better than us. Get the fuck off of your high horse. This house means that we are all equal. We love each other and help those who are in trouble. Try me Matt, I dare you. I will not hesitate to throw your dumb ass out. So please, what were you saying?" Matt gulped.

"Welcome to the family Enzo." I smiled at Matt and patted his head.

"Good, now you can run along." I watched Matt scramble to his room with a smirk. "You can come down now." The others came down from the top of the stairs. Rico decided to head out.

"I'm so sorry about my brother-" I waved my hands in front of Vicki, interrupting her.

"You have no reason to apologize for your brother. He is old enough to make his own decisions. What he does and say does not affect our relationship." Vicki just nodded at me, not knowing what to say. I called Jeremy and Caroline over. We all sat in the living room."Now, let's get introductions started!"

"Hi, I'm Caroline Forbes. I'm fifteen. I love to shop, my mom is the sheriff. And I am human."

"Hey man, I'm Tyler Lockwood. I'm fifteen also, I like playing video games. My dad is the Mayor of Mystic Falls. I am, uh-" Tyler looked at me, wondering if he should tell them.

"It's ok Tyler, you can trust Enzo. We are all family." I gave Tyler's hand a squeeze in reassurance.

"I'm an untriggered werewolf." Enzo shifted in his seat uncomfortably. "I haven't triggered the curse, so I am human, for now at least." He mutters the last part. Enzo just nodded at Tyler.

"I'm Vicki Donovan, I am seventeen. I like to read. I am a human. My parents are gone."

"Hi, I'm Jeremy Gilbert. I'm thirteen. I like video games. I'm a human." I put my hand on Enzo's knee when he growled.

"Jeremy does not know. Do not hurt him or I will be forced to kick you out." Enzo just nodded, not saying anything. "Alright, we are going to go over some rules. Before I do, does anyone have any questions?" Tyler raised his hands, which I laughed at.

"How old are you?" Caroline smacked the back of his head.

"You can't just ask someone their age!" She hissed at him as he rubbed his head.

"It's alright. I am 128. Why do you guys live here if your parents are important people?"

"Oh, I don't actually live here, I just sleep over sometimes."

"You might as well move in Care. You already have a room here." I said to Caroline.

"My brother, Matt, and I have been living with Maze for about six years. Our parents ran off and she offered us a place to stay."

"I don't live here, I wish I did. I usually come over here since my parents only care about Elena."

"Maze basically threatened my dad's reputation if he didn't let me stay here."

"I still want to smack that smug bastard." I muttered darkly, causing Tyler to hold my hand.

"I'm Bonnie Mazikeen Bennett. But everyone calls me Maze. My mom left when I was younger. My dad is hardly home. I like talking to my Grams."

"Hello everyone, my name is Lorenzo St. John, but you can call me Enzo."

"Alright, let's establish the rules. Rule number one: Do not harm or kill anyone. Ruler number two: If you have a problem with someone, you will talk it out. Number three: Do not invite anyone in to the house without my permission." Enzo nodded as I listed the rules.

"That sounds reasonable. How do I repay you?"

"You do not need to pay me. I did what I thought was right."

"Come on darling, there has to be something. You just rescued me."

"Well, Vicki is already paying for groceries. Caroline helps me clean. Matt does the dishes. I cook. Tyler helps me with studying. Would you be ok with helping us train?"

"Train?"

"Yeah, like help us with fighting. We could use a new vampire to help us practice for hunting."

"Sure. Although, I was planning to take a year travelling the world."

"Of course, Enzo. You are allowed to do anything you want. I just ask for you to keep in contact. I already put everyone's number in your phone. I can help you download some apps on your computer to video chat."

"Thank you."

"Of course. We are family. Always..."

"And forever." Enzo smiled at us.

True to his word, he checked in with us everyday. He had gone to Europe and some other places. He told us he wasn't sure when he was coming back but assured us that he will be coming back. Tyler and Jeremy were crushing on Vicki, who politely turned them down. They were disappointed but ultimately it brought them closer. I'm pretty sure Tyler and Jeremy were bisexual, not that I had anything against them. I was surprised to be the first person they came out to. I reassured them and told them that they were still welcomed.

Caroline eventually moved in with us. I was pretty sure the Sheriff hadn't noticed. Vicki graduated within the top hundred percentile. She gave a speech at her graduation.

"I would like to thank my friends who were there for me. When our parents abandoned us, they were there for us. Bonnie Mazikeen Bennett. Caroline Forbes. Tyler Lockwood. Matt. And Jeremy Gilbert. They were there for me when I was at my lowest. I don't think I would have gotten this far without them. I'd like to thank Maze for giving us love and shelter when we had no where to go. I'd like to thank Caroline Forbes for always being there when I was stressed. I'd like to thank Tyler for helping me study. I'd like to thank Jeremy for taking care of me when I was sick. I don't see them as friends. No, I see them as family. Always..."

"And forever!" We shouted, causing everyone to stand up cheering. That night, we all celebrated with alcohol. The next day was hell with the hangovers.