Mi Casa Es Su Casa

Matt and Vicki's mom ran off. I was around seven years old at the time. I told them they could stay at my dad's place with me. Rudy was gone most of the time and grams was drunk. Although I didn't like Matt, I welcome him and Vicki into the house. Why didn't I like Matt? Matt had gotten in a fight with Tyler, which Tyler came out of with a broken arm. Tyler assured me he was fine and that it was a stupid arguement. You should have seen Matt's face when I punched him. Normally, I was against throwing hands with a child, but man was I angry. It went like this:

Caroline, Elena, Vicki, Jeremy, and I were all hanging out at Tyler's house. We were playing with toys when Matt began yelling at Tyler.

"What's going on?" I asked. More times than often, I was the one parenting. Mystic Falls had shitty parents.

"Nothing, it's no big deal," Tyler assured me. I just nodded and continued playing until I heard a large thump. I quickly ran over to Tyler, who was clutching his arm tightly against his body. I quickly mutter a spell to lessen the pain and turned to glare at Matt. Oh man, he looked like he was about to shit himself.

"You!" Now, I'm not saying that it's ok to hit a child, but if the child is a douche, then ok. I punched Matt in the face. His nose began to bleed and he started crying. I grabbed onto his shirt and yanked him against the wall.

"If you ever touch Tyler like that, I will end you." Yes, I may have been going overboard, but I had actually started feeling the bond between me and my friends. Tyler just whimpered in pain as I threw Matt on the ground. Caroline rushed to hug me.

"It's okay Maze. You're alright. Remember the breathing exercise. In and out." Caroline chanted repeatedly until I calmed down. Elena was looking at me in horror while Vicki was holding Matt. Jeremy just looked very confused. After taking a deep breath, I turned and smiled at Caroline, letting her know that I had calmed down. I apologized to Vicki for throwing Matt but wasn't regretful. Surprisingly, she understood me and assured me that we were still friends.

I learned that Matt basically got upset when Tyler said I was better than Elena. After that day, Matt avoided me like the plague. I didn't care.

Age 10:

I asked Rudy to buy me a computer, which he did with no questions, and began to offer my services.

MazikeenTurner2000

Are you tired of being holed up in a room? Are you tired walking around the dark, lost and helpless? Do you see others with jewelries and wish you had one? Contact ###-###-#### for more information.

Not the best advertisement but I couldn't just say 'selling daylight rings to vampires'. It took a couple days for an answer.

"Hello?" I answered the phone.

"Hi, I was looking at your ad on Craigslist and was wondering if I could schedule an appointment with you?" It was a male.

"May I ask who's calling?"

"...Slater."

"Well, Slater, we can definetly meet up whenever it's convenient for you. I am located in Mystic Falls. We can meet at the Grill."

"I'll be there at nine tonight." He didn't even wait for me to reply. How rude.

"Vicki! Do you want to come with me to pick up Caroline? We're going to go to the Grill!"

"Sure! Give me a minute!" Vicki called out from the room.After a couple minutes, Vicki came downstairs and we walked over to Caroline's house. God, I wish I had a car. It sucked to walk everywhere, but hey! aat least I get exercise! I knocked on Caroline's door and Liz opened it with a tight smile.

"Hey girls, I was just about to head out for work. Caroline's upstairs." I just politely nodded. Although Liz was still with Bill, she was busy with work all the time, leaving Bill and Caroline alone together. I guess she finally caught onto Bill's secret, even though she hasn't confronted him about it. After picking up Tyler and Jeremy, we headed to the Grill. I had filled Jeremy in with the supernatural community and told him to check out the Johnathan Gilbert's diaries as soon as he was able to read. Of course, he didn't understand most of it so I had to explain in simpler terms.

"Why are we here? Not to be rude or anything." Tyler asked from behind me.

"I'm going to introduce you to a mosquito." Instead of saying vampire outright, we decided to use the word mosquito'.

"Bitch, hold up!" Caroline scoffed at me. "Isn't that dangerous?!"

"Care is right. What if something bad happens?" Vicki asked worriedly. I just hummed in response.

"Don't worry, I know him. I just want you to know what a vampire looks like. If he does anything, I'll just light his ass on fire!" Apparently, that made them worry even more.

"But aren't you not supposed to use magic?" Tyler asked quietly. I just nodded.

"Won't it be suspicious if you suddenly set him on fire?" I paused for before grinning.

"Yup. But that's the thrill of it." I could literally feel everyone rolling their eyes from behind me. We quickly make our way to a booth.

"You're crazy." Jeremy says as he sits down. I just gave him a grin again.

"How are things at home for you guys?" I asked Ty that question every time I saw him.

"Mom has been fine. Dad's been getting on my case."

"Mom and dad only seem to notice Elena. It's not fair." Jeremy pouted.

"Mom has been working a lot. Dad has been taking me out more."

"Don't worry, you are always welcomed in my home. Always..."

"And forever," they all said in unison. I smiled at them. Look at me, already changing things for the better. After a couple minutes of us talking, I felt a dark presence. Huh, I guess Slater was here.

"Um, hi." Slater had the most confused look on his face.

"Sup. You Slater?" I casually greet him as he sat across from us.

"Yes, that's me. Are you Mazikeen Turner?"

"Yup. Do you have the jewelry?" Slater nodded and handed me a bracelet with Lapis Lazuli. "Firstly, I have some conditions."

"What? Aren't you guys like nine?"

"Fine, I guess you don't want it done." I was about to toss it back when he stopped me.

"No, go ahead. List what you want."

"Firstly, you will never harm my friends."

"Done."

"Secondly, I need you to compel some workers to build me a house."

"Wait, but you already have a house." Caroline whispered.

"Yeah, but it's getting crowded. I wanted to get a place where we can talk freely."

"Is that all?"

"Hm, I suppose so. However, I will need you to keep in contact with me. I need eyes."

"But you have eyes already!" Jeremy joked, which I promptly ignore.

"Deal." He reaches out and shakes my hands. "When will you be done?"

"What do you mean? You're already wearing it." I smirked as he pulled down his sleeves. "One more thing, if it's not too much trouble."

"Kid, you just gave me the ability to walk freely, go ahead." I rolled my eyes when he said kid. Bitch, I'm thirty-four. Granted, my body was ten years old but still!

"My friends here have never seen your...type. Would you mind giving them a demonstration? We can behind the Grill." Slater nodded and we followed him into the back alley.

"This is some horror shit you see in the movies." Tyler whispered.

"Bro, I will be so pissed if he murders us in a trashy alleyway." I snorted at Jeremy's comment. How ironic.