Chapter Eight

Today was a hard day, it was going to be filled with tears and heartbreak. Arrow wasn't going to be stable today, his heart was going to be more fragile, he's going to be more sensitive.

My heart ached just thinking about today, I couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it would be for his parents today and Lilian.

"Babe," I said softly before kissing his stubbly cheek.

"Mm," Arrow groaned. His arms instantly wrapped around me and pulled me to his chest. "You smell good."

"So do you," I kissed his bare chest before running my hand through his dark curls. "How did you sleep?"

"It's always better when you're beside me." A smile spread across his lips.

"Good. Do you want to go get breakfast?"

He opened his eyes and smiled again. "Baby, I appreciate you so much but I still know what today is."

I nodded. "How do you feel?"

"Upset mostly. I just don't understand why life is so unfair, she was too young, Babe."

"I know," I said letting out a sigh before holding him close to me. He laid his head against my chest with a sigh too.

"My parents are having a dinner tonight in her honour. Would you join me?"

"Of course I would. I'll do anything for you, Ar." My fingers tangled in his silky soft curls.

"I'd do anything for you, Princess. I wanted to go visit her grave soon, bring her a big beautiful bouquet of flowers. She'd love them, I know she would."

"Let's get ready then." 

Arrow let go of me so we could both get ready. I watched as he left the bed and started to get dressed. He had so much pain in his world, so much he still hasn't told me yet. Arrow hides all his pain from me to show he's strong, that's the one thing I wish I could change about him. I wish he would tell me more.

By the time we were both done getting ready it, Hayes had came by and knocked on the door.

Arrow opened the door and Hayes hugged him tightly. "It's okay, Man."

A small smile appeared across my lips as I watched Hayes embrace his bed friend, Hayes clearly loved him as a brother. Their bond was incredible and pretty cute.

Hayes smiled at me as he let go of Arrow. "I'm going to go with you, we're going to have a good day."

Arrow gave a tiny smile, "I'm so lucky to have you and Jo."

Hayes let out a chuckle as he patted Arrow's shoulder. "You sure are lucky to have her, especially after everything. She's badass and doesn't put up with your shit."

"Yeah yeah," Arrow rolled his eyes before grabbing my hand.

Hayes took my keys from me just as we got down to the car. "I'm driving." He said.

"I called a car, so no one's driving." I grabbed my keys back from him and shoved them in Arrow's front pocket of his jeans.

His arm was wrapped tightly around my waist as we got into the car that had just arrived.

I know Arrow was on the verge of a break down, one small thing and he'd have a full break down wherever we are. It was the hardest day of the year for him, today was filled with absolute pain that wasn't going to ever be taken away.

Tonight, he wasn't going to sleep. Instead his night would be filled with warm tears pouring down his face. His heart would break every time the thought of Jasmine appeared in his head.

As we made our way to her grave, Arrow stopped and picked her out some beautiful daisies. The daisies looked freshly picked with water droplets dripping down them.

"Ready?" I asked him as I squeezed his hand. His hand was ice cold while his body was tense.

Arrow gave a small nod just as we got out of the car, the three of us made our way down the gravel paths until we came to Jasmine's grave.

Her stone already had so many brightly coloured bouquets around it, she already had many visitors who adored her and missed her dearly.

Arrow stood there and looked at her stone for a second before placing his flowers down. "I love you," he whispered as he sent his hand on the top of the stone. He closed his eyes shut as a tear escaped down his cheek.

Arrow dropped his knees to the ground in front of her grave as tears started to pour down his face. "I miss her so much," he sobbed. This scene was heartbreaking to watch, he was so broken.

I quickly went over to him and put my hand on his shoulder. "Babe,"

"Don't call me that! Get away from me, Johanna." He snapped at me, his eyes were red and puffy. They were full of absolute pain.

"Hey, calm down." Hayes said gently while slowly approaching us. His hand rested on Arrow's shoulder and squeezed it tightly. "Don't lash out at her, man. We know how hard it is for you and we just want to make you feel better."

"I miss her so fucking much, she didn't deserve to die. She didn't deserve to get sick, it should have been me." Hot tested continued to pour down his face. "I would give anything for her to be here living a happy life instead of me, she was too young to die."

"I know, but there isn't a thing was can do about it, Man. She lived a happy life, she knows she was loved by everyone. Including you, you were the best big brother to her. There wasn't a day that she doubted your love for her, she would want you to be happy. You know that."

"I miss her, I miss her bubbly laugh and how she used to pick Daisies from my mom's garden in the mornings. I miss her hugs and her making me watch Aladdin three times a day." Arrow sniffled. "I can't do this anymore, I can't live like this with so much anger and sadness."

Quietly, I sat on the ground next the Arrow and took his arm before lying my head against his shoulder. "Don't say that, there's so many people here that need you. Your parents needs you, Lilian needs you, your friends need you, Hayes needs you....I need you, Ar. I know it's fucking hard today, but one day the pain won't be so bad. You're always going to miss her and I know she loved you so god damn much. Seeing how you are with Lilian, confirms to me that you were incredible with her. You loved her so much and even though I didn't know her, I know she loved you just as much."

"I miss her," He whispered again.

"I know." I responded before kissing his shoulder. "She would want you to celebrate the moments you had with her and try your best to live a happy life in her memory."

"She's right, A." Hayes said.

"I have nothing to be happy about anymore." Arrow mumbled.

"Yes you do, you have us, your parents and Lil. You're going to university in the fall. You have me."

"I don't even have that."

"Yes you do, I'm your girlfriend." I made Arrow look at me.

"What?"

"I'm your girlfriend, Dumbass. I just said that."

A small smile spread across his face. "I love you." He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me onto his lap. He buried his face in my neck as he held me close to him. His warm tears fell down my neck as I wrapped his back.

My boyfriend was so broken and sad, I didn't know how to make him feel better. I loved him more than anything and he deserved the world, he deserved absolute happiness and joy in her life.

~Hope you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading and tell me what you thought! Make sure to check out my vampire romance book called Frozen!

Comment! Vote! Share! Follow!