Chapter Thirteen

The next few weeks went by fast as Arrow and I moved into our apartment. It wasn't until two nights ago that we finally had everything moved in and put away.

The apartment came together nicely with all of our stuff in it. The first few nights we spent in the apartment were amazing. 

It was just the two of us in bed, falling asleep in each others arms only to wake up next to each other. Being in Arrow's arms every night felt like an incredible high I never wanted to come off of, I felt like I was home in his arm.

We settled into our new place fast and it soon felt we have been living there together forever. All our friends had been over along with Arrow's family, Mary had also been over.

We decided to keep Mary employed obviously, I didn't need her as much as I used to especially since I was now living with Arrow. I was going to pay double her salary for her the clean the house one to two times a week. Mary was extremely important to me and I never wanted to lose her, I refused to lose her.

Twix settled into his new home nicely, sleeping either in between Arrow and I or onto of him. He loved Arrow.

"Are you ready to pick up our books?" Arrow asked as he twirled his car keys around his finger.

"I am," I said with a smile before slipping on my white and black sneakers.

We left the apartment and went down to the campus book store.

Arrow had his arm tightly around me like usual as we walked up to the desk.

"Hello," The woman at the front desk said. She looked to be in her late forties as her brown hair had strands of grey through her low bun.

"Hi, we're here to pick up books we ordered." Arrow said.

"Ah, yes. What's your names?" She stood up from the desk.

"Arrow Kane and Johanna Milles."

"I'll be right back." She said and disappeared to the back.

"Arrow?" I heard a voice say.

Arrow and I turned around to find a short girl with black and red hair smiling.

"Alexi." Arrow smiled. "What are you doing here?"

Alexi? So he knew her, my interest in her grew. I wondered who she was, a friend he never told me about? Maybe a family member?

"Picking up books, just like you. I had no idea you applied here."

Arrow chuckled. "Yeah, it's close to my parents and Lil."

Did he just forget about me? I was standing right here and it was awkward to be here on the sidelines of their conversation, especially since I don't know who she is. She was beautiful though.

"Oh yeah, you seem to be doing better."

"I am, Lex." He smiled again.

"That's good to hear."

"This is my girlfriend Johanna, by the way." Arrow turned to me.

"Hi," I smiled at her.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet you. I've seen Arrow post pictures of you and you're even more beautiful in person." She smiled sweetly.

"Thank you, I'd like to say I've heard a lot of good things about you, but I've never heard about you until five minutes ago." I confessed.

Arrow frowned and started to rub the back of his neck.

"Well I'm Alexi," she smiled again. "I'm Arrow's ex girlfriend."

Hold up, ex girlfriend? I felt hurt that I've never heard about her considering Arrow knows so much about me.

"Oh, he's never mentioned you."

"Well I assume that's good." She laughed. "Considering men usually rant about their awful exes."

"You weren't awful." He told her.

You weren't awful? YOU WEREN'T AWFUL?! I was standing right fucking here, I'm glad she was good to him and all but I would rather here about her when him and I are along.

"Neither were you. It was good seeing you, I hope to see you in classes." She said and went to the other side of the book store.

I took a step back away from Arrow and crossed my arms. "What's up with that?"

"Not here, please." He begged with a sigh. I'm not trying to fight, I just want to know. I feel like I deserve to know considering I'm his girlfriend, of course I trust Arrow, but that doesn't change the fact that I deserve to know.

"I'm not trying to fight, Arrow."

Arrow sighed. "We'll talk at home."

At home, that made me want to roll my eyes. "Whatever." I told him just before the lady came out with our books.

Once we paid for them, we carried them out to his car and put them in the backseat.

"Can we talk now?" I asked as I buckled myself in.

Arrow sighed. "Can't you wait?"

"It's just a question. I just want to know who she is, I've never heard about her."

"So? You don't need to."

My eyes went wide. "Why are you talking to me like this?"

He ran a hand through his hair. "I'm sorry, Princess. I didn't mean to talk to you like that, that wasn't acceptable."

My hand met his and squeezed it gently, it was nearly impossible to stay mad at Arrow. He quickly got himself together whenever he snapped at me or was unintentionally rude.

"I'm sorry I'm asking so much, I just wish you told me about her. You know about so much about me and my exes, I just wish you told me more about yours." My thumb grazed over the back of his silky hand.

"I know, I should have told you. I just don't like talking about it, it's not that it ended badly. It just ended while Jas was sick."

In that moment, I realized I was in the wrong. I was being a complete bitch demanding to know about Alexi, that was unfair of me to do to him.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be doing this. Demanding to know."

Arrow squeezed my hand before leaning over and kissed my cheek. "Don't worry," His nose brushed against my cheek. "We'll speak about it once we're home.

He kept his word, as soon as we walked through our front door, we sat down on the couch together and talked.

My legs were pulled under me while I sat at the opposite under of our grey leather couch. Arrow sat at the other end as he ran a hand through his bouncy chocolate curls.

"Alexi is my ex girlfriend as you know now, we got together awhile after I moved to my old school. Nothing bad happened, we dated for awhile and when Jas started to get really sick I broke it off this her." He sighed.

"That's it?" I raised a brow.

"Yeah."

I couldn't help but think he wasn't telling me something. 

~Thank you so much for reading ♥️ tell me what you thought?

Comment! Vote! Share! Follow!