Turnabout Sisters: Chapter Four

"Are you going to answer my questions Miss May or are you going to stare at that wall and pretend not to hear me for the next thirty minutes?" This interrogation was going nowhere fast, but Miles still had to try and get something out of her. If he didn't, he wasn't going to be able to help Ema.

"You can, like, piss off Mister Lawyer. I ain't saying a word to help you." She pouted and crossed her arms, trying to glare at him, but she wasn't very intimidating.

"Miss May, I need to know the man staying with you was." She stuck her tongue and turned her head away, sticking her nose in the air.

"I said I wasn't going to, like, help you. But if you can find, like, a picture of who this man is I can, like, tell if you're right or wrong." It was still pretty much nothing, but at least she'd be willing to tell him if his guess about his identity was correct or not. The only problem would be finding a picture of the guy. Miles had no leads on who he was, nothing.

~~~

He went to Mister Grossberg's office, hoping the more experienced attorney could help him out. But predictably, he wasn't there again. In his place there were two pictures that sat on the desk. Miles wandered over to the mahogany desk, flipping the pictures over to see if there was anything written on the back that could help. 'DL-6 Exhibit A' and 'DL-6 Exhibit B' , the case number sounded vaguely familiar but he couldn't remember any details. All he knew was that it was a fairly old case. At least fifteen years old. It was weird thing to think about a picture of a man that he had never seen before, but he got this feeling that he might be the man that checked into that hotel with Miss Mey. He shoved it into his pocket, heading for the Gatewater Hotel.

~~~

"Excuse me, but can you look at this for me? I want to know if this is the man that checked in with Miss May?" Miles held the picture out for the bellboy to look at and he nodded.

"Yup that's him alright, very unforgettable. Wait one moment, I'll write an affidavit for you."

"Oh no, that won't be-" Before he could stop him, he'd already written the thing and passed it off to him. Oh well, maybe he could use it to get Miss May to talk.

~~~

"Miss May, this is the man that you checked in with, correct?" She refused to look at the photograph, keeping her nose turned up at him. She didn't seem to like him very much; or was it just that she was this difficult with everyone?

"You don't have any, like, proof." Miles smacked the affidavit that the bellboy had written for him against the glass, forcing her to look at him. She let out an audible gasp, as if she had forgotten that the bellboy could tell him if it was the man that had stayed with her.

"Fine, you win. I'll, like, tell you everything," Finally, he was managing to get through to her, "that guy is, like, totally my boss. His name is Redd White and he's, like the president or something of Bluecorp. I can't tell you, like, anymore, because he'll, like, hurt me." Interesting.

"Thank you for your help Miss May." She frowned as Miles stood up to leave, forcing a smile onto her face as he turned back to see her being escorted away by the guard. Hopefully they wouldn't be too rough on her. She was annoying sure, but it seemed like she was being manipulated by this Redd White.

~~~

"Okay, take another left Miles, the building should be right in front of you." With Franziska's help, Miles managed to make it to the Bluecorp headquarters. The tall building loomed over him as he said goodbye to Fran and shoved his phone back into my pocket. What he was about to do was reckless and stupid. What kind of lawyer went to talk to someone who was a suspect in murder in person? Him, he was that kind of stupid lawyer. The president's office was on the top floor, which meant a lot of stairs. He had never been all that fond of elevators. It wasn't even all that rational when he thought about why, but it was how he lived. Stairs were much easier.