Rise From the Ashes: Chapter Nine

Miles was not happy about being awoken abruptly at six thirty in the morning... but Phoenix had no choice. This was his last chance to say goodbye. If he didn't do this now... there would be no later. He pressed a light kiss to his lips.

"I'm sorry Miles... I don't have much time. I just wanted..."

"It's six thirty in the morning, what could you possibly need from me this early?" Oh Miles... he was one of the things he was going to miss most. He pulled him into another kiss, pulling back just as quickly as he had after the first. Phoenix smiled squeezing his wrist gently before leaving. To spare himself the pain... it had to be this way. But that was just a lie... it was painful all the same.

~~~

The last time he would see this room... it what could be... forever. This decision was really starting to sink in. He may never see the family he had here again... but this had to be the right decision. It was the only one he could make in his situation. All the stress and confusion... it had built up beyond his control. The only way he could make this go away was to leave it all behind him. He could apologize to Miles whenever, if ever, he saw him again. He scribbled down the note, one that regrettably may have had too much of an ambiguous meaning, 'Prosecutor Phoenix Wright is dead', before running off to the airport. There would be time to explain it all away later, for now he just had to leave. For his own good... 

A/N: See y'all in a few days for the start of JFA! Stay excellent!