Turnabout Samurai: Chapter Three

He was his rival... they were rivals... still... what was it? What was that feeling? When that stupid old security lady had been flirting with Edgeworth... Phoenix had felt something terrible well up in his chest. A terrible awful feeling... it hurt, it hurt so much. His head had been in jumbles ever since he had met him again... maybe it would have been better if they had never seen each other again, no matter how either of them felt about it. He grabbed his phone out of his pocket, dialing his little sister's number. She was better with feelings than he was.

"Hey Nick! What's up?"

"Maya, something awful has happened!"

"What? Did someone die?!"

"No worse, I've been having this awful feeling."

"If you're feeling something... that's a good thing right?" Phoenix sighed as she giggled. This wasn't a joke, he needed her to be serious about this.

"Maya, I'm being serious. It hurts... a lot. There was this old lady... and she was flirting with this guy who's kind of my rival -his name's Miles by the way- and then I felt this awful thing like I wanted to punch her for just being in the same room as him. I wanted her as far away from him as I could get her... or maybe like I wanted to take her place or something?" Maya laughed again. Were his troubles a joke to her?

"Nick... are you trying to tell me that you're jealous because an old lady was flirting with your courtroom rival?"

"Something like that, I guess. I don't really know."

"Nick, you're jealous. I bet you have feelings for him, you know like... love." Phoenix hung up on her. She immediately called him back and he answered it, sighing knowing that she was just going to tease him.

"That was very rude Nick!" He sighed again.

"I'm sorry Maya... I'm just very confused."

"Duh, you're confused. You haven't felt anything since you were sixteen and now suddenly this guy comes along and you feel things... I'd be confused too. Anyways... I just called you back to let you know that hanging up on me was very rude, I should get to bed. Have a good day Nick!" This time she was the one to hang up on him. How in the world could normal people like her handle the pain of emotions like this all the time? It hurt... it hurt so much.