Turnabout Samurai: Chapter Four

"And he got really mad when I tried to play with the camera but lucky for him there was this PA who was on his side! I did steal that cardkey though!" Her brother's strange new assistant was rather fun to talk to. She and Franziska trailed after her brother as they headed for Global Studios.

"Yes, Miles can be rather stuffy at times. He doesn't know how to have fun." Ema laughed, grabbing Fran's hand and lacing their fingers together. It felt nice, her hands were very soft.

"You two are ridiculous." Miles scoffed at their interaction, turning around to see if they were keeping up with him.

"Why are we going to these stupid studios anyway?" She had only heard about the case from Papa, she hadn't had the chance to watch the proceedings today.

"We're here to verify the producer's and director's alibis." Ah that made sense. As they approached the gate, Franziska saw her brother flinch as if he was scared of something before he realized that whatever he was scared of wasn't even there. A small girl with brown hair and glasses stood near the security booth, scrolling through her phone. Her brother gestured for her to go talk to her. Oh wonderful, he remembered that she wanted to practice investigating so she could get it perfect.

"Excuse me... may I talk to you for a moment?" The brown haired girl looked up for her phone, seeming to recognize her brother. She nodded.

"Great... Miles tells me that it wasn't revealed until in court today that the producer and director were here on the day of the murder. Why would that be the case?"

"I didn't tell you that."

"Papa did... now shut up and let her answer the question Miles." The girl thought for a minute, adjusting her glasses.

"I bet they were trying to protect the producer, she's like this multi-talented woman who pretty much single handedly saved these Studios from the brink of destruction." Franziska nodded a thank you to her before setting off with Miles and Ema to look for the mysterious pair.

~~~

"WTF? Who are j00 d00dz!? LMAO!" Disgusting... this man had started drooling at the sight of a beautiful woman. Wait a minute... she had exactly the thing to deal with filth of his kind. Fran pulled it out her pocket, snapping the whip against the ground.

"Get one step closer and you will regret it. Now I have no idea who you are, but I don't care. You will get the same treatment regardless of who you are. Got it?!" The man cowered. He seemed terrified of her... good.

"Th-the producer and I were in a meeting from twelve to four yesterday! I don't have a-anything to do with the murder!" He'd given up the information she needed and she hadn't even needed to ask. Guess this fool was the director then.

"Come Miles, we must verify if this producer has the same alibi."

"I agree with you, but please put away your whip first." She frowned, shoving it back into her pocket as he held open the door to the dressing room for him.

"Hey guys! There's this kid... he's... uh got a weird little camera... what do you want me to do with me?" Ema was hiding behind the table, having a strange staring contest with the kid, both of them glaring intently at each other.

"He must be the fan who broke in here on the day of the murder... let's talk to him Miles."

"How did you know about that?! I thought you said you hadn't watched the trial!"

"I didn't, but Papa did. Excuse me little boy!" The boy glanced away from his staring contest, Ema sticking her tongue at him like a child to signify that she had won this time.