55: The Big Brother

SILAS HARRISON

Leonard Wayne is not the nicest person to me. He is either always glaring me or – well, he pretty much glares. He has always been quiet and mysterious, but I feel that he is extra vexed with me and he has every right to be. After all, Maria is his sister. I forced a smile when my heart was about to burst in my chest. I have a feeling that one day he will punch the living hell out of me – just a feeling, a very strong one, though. "Hey, Leo – Leonard," I greeted him and in return, I received the same silent glare. Maria mashed her lips together – probably suppressing her smile while Charlie cleared her throat, "Maria, do you mind coming with me to the kitchen. I need to talk to you." She said. "Silas, why don't you accompany Leo till then?" she asked me. I jerked my head towards Charlie, who was standing beside me. I gaped, "What?" I questioned. 'He will kill me,' I mouthed to Charlie. Charlie rolled her eyes, 'No, he won't.' she mouthed back before passing me a small yet teasing smile before she went into the kitchen with Maria following her.

I blew my cheeks out and averted my gaze at Leo who was busy on his phone. I had no idea how to accompany him – each time I try to say something he always silently glare at me and never answer me back. Leo sighed and put his phone on the table before looking towards me. I instantly lifted my lips into a small nervous smile, "Uh – so, what's – what's going on with you?" I asked him while rubbing my palms together. It felt weird talking to someone with such distance but it was better if I keep my distance from him or else I might end up with bruises on my face.

He narrowed his eyes, "What are doing with my sister?" He questioned out of blue. I raised my eyebrow. I didn't expect him to ask me that. I gulped and trace my tongue over my dried lips, "Uh, I am not sure what you are talking about?" I scratched the nape of my neck. I know exactly what he is talking about, but honestly, I am too scared of him to answer him that. He tilted his head and clenched his jaws, "Are you planning on playing with my sister's heart and then leave her to cry?" He questioned crossly. I frowned as he continued, "Again?" He gritted his teeth. I turned around to see if Charlie or Maria were listening. After making sure that they weren't near – I walked closer to him. "I love her," I told him. I wasn't feeling as nervous as I felt before – I want him to know how much I love her sister. He chuckled bitterly, "That's what you said last time." He was being resentful.

I sulked, "I had genuine feelings for her then and I have even stronger feelings for her now." I answered him. The tension between us was getting thicker with each tick of the clock. Leo opened his mouth to say something when I heard Maria. "Is everything okay?" She asked. I turned around to see her and Charlie standing side by side. I nodded my head and smiled as I turned around, "Yes, everything is alright." I replied as I cleared my throat. Charlie smiled and clapped her hands together, "Now that you are here – why don't you stay for dinner?" She asked. Maria smiled and nodded her head as well – the spark in her eyes made me want to jump like a child. I nodded, "Sure." I replied.

Later I realize that Leo will be here too and the tension between us can make things look ugly. I wasn't feeling myself in front of Leo – it was like he was judging my every move. I glanced at Leo, who was quietly watching a football game on the television while Charlie and Maria were in the kitchen. If I will go to the kitchen – will it be too rude to leave Leo alone here? It is not like he cares, but still – I honestly was being so conscious in his presence – maybe because I don't want him to see me as a bad guy for his sister. Maybe I should talk to him – try to make things clearer? I mashed my lips and faced Leo whose eyes were on the television. I honestly had no idea how to start so like an idiot I kept looking at him while trying to form correct words. After a while he sighed – his eyes never leaving the television screen, "You are one hell of a creepy man, Harrison." He spoke nonchalantly.

I turned my head to look at the television and sighed, "I do love your sister, Leo." I said after a pause of few uncomfortable seconds. He didn't say anything so I continued, "I know what I did in the past is unforgivable. I was a horrible husband and human to your sister. If I only knew what the truth was – I would have never treated her so badly. I was an imbecile person. I apologize for my behavior towards your sister, but believe me when I say this that I love her with all my heart. I really –do and I don't want to lose her. I know that she loves me too and I am sure that you already know that." I stopped talking and looked at him. His eyes were still on the television, but I can guarantee that he heard each word I said to him.