Part 5

Colby: Sage, you're fucking gorgeous. What the fuck?

I furrowed my brow.

Colby: Sorry give me a minute to think of a word you haven't heard your entire life to describe you.

I frowned. Was he angry that I was hot? Because I thought he was just as good looking as he thought I was. I suddenly had amnesia at the thought of my past relationship when I was looking at Colby. Derek was a drab canvas with a bit of charcoal sketching and Colby was the entire mural full of colors and strokes and all types of art mediums.

Sage: Are you mad?

Colby: Hell no. Thank your parents for making such a beautiful human.

The smile grew ten times bigger on my face; I felt light. Dare I say happy?

Sage: Well, thanks.

Colby: Obviously you have a boyfriend I'd assume.

I laughed.

Sage: No. I've put a pause on dating the last relationship I had was a train wreck.

Colby: I guess we have more in common than just being two hot individuals.

I grinned.

Colby: Obviously I'm joking. I don't go around saying I'm hot.

Sage: Well you should because I think you're hot. Really fucking hot.

"Hello?"

"Hi. I wasn't expecting a call but thanks."

I touched my forehead. "I didn't mean to call you."

"I don't know, I think I'm glad you did."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Even your voice is hot."

I laughed.

"And the laugh. It's cute. Not annoying like my last girlfriend."

***

"So, you're telling me you have a thing for a guy who you met only because your phone number was one digit off from his?" Sarah asked, dipping her French fries in her frosty. Sarah is my best friend that I'm moving to Los Angeles with. We are eating before we get on the plane.

Sarah chewed, tilting her head to the side. "I mean... let me see his picture again."

I slid my phone across the table. She lifted it and nodded. "He's fucking hot. Go for it."

Sasha lifted her drink and spoke before taking a sip. "Did he change his number each time too so he could bring up the number neighbor thing? This is how people meet nowadays. We don't live in the nineties anymore."

I picked up my burger. "So, what you're saying is I should see what Foster is all about?" She was the big sister I always wanted but never got. She was also my best friend. I confided in her a lot.

Sarah nodded. "That's exactly what I am saying. Do you girl. Get you some of that." She high fives me and returned the mean mug Marshall was giving her.

***

Sarah and got the same apartment but she practically lives in the hospital because of her job. So I'm mainly always the only one home constantly besides when I go to work.

I walked inside the apartment and tossed my keys and purse on the counter, shuffling into the kitchen. I took out a bottle of wine, a glass and a bag of chips and I walked into the living room.