Chapter 3

They traveled through the large city a lot of people were moving around the town. It was beautiful city, all kinds of colors surrounded them. Muffled conversations were sprawled across the area.

As they made their way through an array of different kind of shops Lyra's eyes glided over a few items. Her pace slowed slightly as an item caught her eye. It was a sheathed sword, the sheath wasn't anything special it was a simple solid black. Lyra furrowed her brows seemingly confused and also showing recognition to the item.

"Kiro.." she whispered to herself, her footsteps stopped. Ging noticed her quick halt behind him and stopped his pace. She was starring at the sword so intently, there was a sudden shift in atmosphere.

Ging stayed silent keeping his eyes on both the girl and sword. He felt the shift in energy, it was almost like bloodlust but something else he couldn't make out. None of the civilians seemed to notice the sudden shift.

"Ma'am?" The woman behind the shop said to Lyra who pulled herself out of the trance she was seemingly in.

"Hm? Oh I'm sorry.. the sword, how much for it?" Lyra said glancing down to the sword then back to the woman.

"That thing something special to you?" Ging said as he walked towards them stopping himself beside Lyra. His eyes were now locked on Lyra.

Lyra gave him a glare, but a sense of sadness laid behind her eyes. Ging studied her sudden expression and simply nodded seeming to understand something that wasn't said. He then looked at the woman behind the shop pulling something from his pocket.

"Whatever it cost just put it on here." Ging said nonchalantly sliding a card to her, Lyra was shocked at his sudden gesture.

The shop woman nodded and charged the card he had handed her. She picked the sword up and passed it to Lyra, who took it gently in her hands.

Lyra looked to Ging who already was making his way down the original path. She quickly wrapped the strap over her shoulder following quickly behind Ging.

"Why?" Lyra said as she finally caught up to Ging who didn't even glance at her.

"Seemed like it was special by the face you made." He said simply, Lyra gripped the strap of the sword tightly.

"You didn't have to do that Ging." Lyra replied trying her best to sound irritated. Even though she was happy that he did that for her this sword brought a lot of trouble to her.

Ging's eyes shifted to hers he brought his hand up and flicked her forehead. Lyra's immediate reaction was to rub the attacked area.

"I know, just say thank you." Lyra looked away from him dropping her once caring hand back down to her side.

"Thanks.."

~~~~~~~~~

Ging hadn't told Lyra where they were going so when they reached an airport she was intrigued. They had boarded the airship, it was huge on the inside there was a a bar that wrapped its way along the windows. The hallways were wide throughout the ship.

They had 2 rooms that were beside each other Ging told Lyra they would be on the aircraft for at least a day and a half. It was midday by this time so Lyra decided she wanted to rest seeing as they blew through a good amount of Nen in their race.

The rooms weren't very fancy by any means, but they had everything you needed for a long or short trip. A bedroom that had a bathroom suite on the far right. There was a desk that had a tv and couch in front of it.

Lyra laid the sword down gently on the comforter of the bed. She ran a finger down the sheath of the sword. She knew she couldn't take the sword out of its home right now.

"I'm sorry.. I should have done things differently. We could have been strong enough to defend them if we had been there. I'm sorry I let you go, Kiro." Lyra felt like their was a lump in her throat as a tear rolled down her cheek slowly.

The sword began to emit Nen, it flowed like a cloud moving its way to her finger. The Nen slowly wrapped around her finger and began to coil around her arm. As it traveled Lyra had a feeling of comfort, more tears began to stream down her face as she smiled.

"Thank you Kiro.." The Nen quickly dispersed from her arm as is it was never there.

~~~~~~

Lyra stared at the ceiling, her body wouldn't let her rest. Glancing to the clock it showed how late it really was, 2:05am. She let out a small sigh as she climbed out of the bed. Lyra decided to sit at the bar that was lined up against the large windows of the airship.

As she exited her room she looked around and no one seemed to be around. It was fairly quiet from what she could hear. Lyra made her way to a chair that was in front of her room.

As she gazed out the window she could see the stars shining brightly, it was mesmerizing. Lyra folded her arms together and rested them on the cold surface of the bar.

I miss them.

A door clicked open behind her, her body didn't acknowledge the sound. She could feel someone approaching from behind.

"Can't sleep?" The voice belonged to Ging, Lyra just shook her head.

"No, seems like you can't either." Lyra said, the chair beside her pulled out, Ging placing himself there.

"Nah." Ging turned himself, watching the night sky with Lyra.

They sat in silence for a while just enjoying the night sky. Ging's eyes glided over to Lyra he studied her for a moment.

"I heard you before. This morning I mean.. I heard you cry out." Ging said somewhat stuttering over his words trying to choose the right ones.

Lyra's eyes widened slightly, she looked over to him. He averted his eyes folding his arm on the bar and set his chin on the center of his make shift pillow.

"I just mean. If you ever wanna talk about it, we can." Ging said as he stared out the window of the airship. 

Ging...