Chapter 8

Lyra and Ging ran down one of the hallways of the ship. They had rested for a while before Ging decided it was time to leave.

"We're just going to jump off?!" Lyra said in shock as she kept up with Ging who nodded to her.

"Well we aren't landing anytime soon." Ging said as they turned a corner red lights could be seen meaning they were nearing the emergency exit.

"Yeah but to just jump out of a ship?!" Lyra exclaimed as Ging halted in front of the door.

"It will be fine." Ging pulled the lever up and slowly opened the door, the air around them felt like it was pulling them out of the ship. Lyra was starting to panic as her breathing picked up.

Loud footsteps could be heard down the hallway running straight for them. Ging glanced at Lyra he pulled her into a hug, whispering into her ear.

"I'll be right behind you." He shoved her out of the aircraft Lyra felt like her stomach launched to her throat. Everything was moving in slow motion as her hands tried to grip onto Ging but never did. Ging's head turned slowly to whoever the oncoming person was, Lyra's eyes didn't get a glimpse of who it was.

There was a sudden explosion, instinctively Lyra brought her arms up to block anything that may come at her.

"Ging!!" Lyra screamed as she began to fall through the air. Her eyes tried to search for any movement that could possibly be Ging. She felt like her heart had broken when she didn't see him.

Lyra's eyes glossed over as she fell through the air. It was like something had died inside of her, a flame that had finally be blown out. She relaxed her body and the wind pushed itself against her body.

Her eyes closed, she felt like she was floating, she wasn't scared anymore of the fall. Kiro's aura wrapped itself around her, her eyes snapped open. She pulled the sword from its sheath, black aura blasted around her.

"Lyra. What do you desire?" Kiro said awaiting her command.

"Blood." Lyra said calmly, the sword blasted more aura it felt like a fire was burning around her she was engulfed in the heat. Lyra launched the sword above her, blood bursted above her. It swirled into a ball taking shape of a bone winged creature.

"Come

"Come." Lyra stated clearly.

Kiro flew under her catching her body, Lyra's eyes stared at the burning ship. Kiro knew what she had wanted, he quickly guided her back to the ship.

Kiro leveled Lyra to the exit she had been shoved out of. She calmly stepped back into the ship, flames surrounded the area. Her right arm reached behind her, Kiro reverted back into a sword placing himself in her hand.

Lyra scanned the area she didn't see Ging but what she did see made her smirk. It was Linus back against a wall, his shirt was bloodied.

"Kiro. I assume you are hungry?" Lyra asking plainly as she looked at the downed man.

"That I am." The sword replied, Lyra walked up to the man towering over him. She raised the tip of her sword to his throat.

"Where is he." It was more of a demand than a question leaving Lyra's lips.

"He's alive i swea-" Lyra shoved Kiro through his throat before Linus could finish his sentence. In a flash the sword lit up purple, the blood around the mans throat was being absorbed quickly.

"Messy aren't you?" Lyra said studying Kiro's work, there was blood splattered around the body. Lyra made her way back to the exit not attempting to shield herself from the flames.

"Lyra..."

For the first time since she had seen the explosion her eyes showed a hint of emotion.

It was relief.

Her body started to feel weak, she felt like she had been drained completely. Lyra still turned to face him, he started at her, his eyes were wide.

Ging

"You said you were right behind me..." Lyra said tears began to gather in her eyes. Her vision began to weaken, her body left her no choice but to enter unconsciousness. As her body fell it tipped over into the outside world. Kiro falling down alongside her.

"Lyra!" Ging yelled as he dove towards her but he didn't reach her in time. He jumped off the ship without a second thought, he reached his hand out to her. Once his fingertips touched the skin of her arm he pulled her closer to him.

"Lyra wake up!" Ging yelled as their bodies were falling to the ground the air around them shoving against their bodies. He tried to shake her awake but to no avail, he wrapped Lyra closer to his body.

Damn it, I was right behind you idiot! I was coming after you!

Ging reached into his pocket pulling out a card, it had a picture of some sort of bird.

"Bira." A burst of Nen shot out of the card, suddenly a large bird appeared under them. The heavy wind that was once blowing under them stopped.

Once they were secure Ging released Lyra, he gently laid her down on the soft feathers. He noticed the sheath that was wrapped around her shoulder. His eyes immediately looked around his eyes landed on the sword falling below them.

He let out a small sigh his eyes trailed back to the unconscious Lyra. He decided to retrieve the sword jumping off the bird and back into the abusive wind.

As Ging dove down towards the sword he slowly inched closer to it once he felt the bone he grasped onto it. The sword suddenly felt heavier, Ging furrowed his brows as their speed picked up.

"You're not my master." The sword had spoken Ging had heard it speak before but it didn't make it any better.

"I'm getting you back to her." Ging said as the winds pushed violently against him. The sword lightened in weight, he studied the sword before the large bird flew under him.

Ging landed gracefully on the bird, as he held the sword he looked to Lyra. He had never seen her ruthless, it worried him.

"She is healing. If she draws me out under extreme stress I feed on her bloodlust and she is able to double our power. Depending on what she does it can be a lot on a simple human body. Once she calms I can no longer be a source of power, as her bloodlust is gone." The sword spoke again Ging glanced down to the sword.

He walked over to Lyra and sheathed the sword into its rightful home. He sat beside Lyra deciding it was best to wait for her to awaken.

Lyra...