Chapter 20

Lyra had led Ging to a large field right outside of the village. She smiled to herself, the long swaying grass looked the same as when she was a child.

The day had left them, the stars were beginning to reveal themselves in the darkened sky.

"It's so peaceful out here." Ging said as Lyra laid in the soft grass sprawling her arms above her.

"It's the best at night, I would always come out here as a child." Ging laid down beside her and looked to the night sky.

"Makes sense, considering you like to lay in random places." Ging said jokingly.

A small laugh came from Lyra.

"Kyushi and Yinu would always find me here. It's where we would spend most of our time talking about the future." Lyra said wearing a smile as her eyes wondered around the sky.

"What happened? When they were killed I mean.." Ging asked glancing to Lyra who didn't return the gaze.

"Do you remember when Netero said that the hunter association had been looking for the sword?" Lyra asked her eyes stayed on the night sky.

"Yeah."

"They weren't the only ones looking for the sword. Kyushi wasn't the only one to survive the expedition to the Dark Continent. A man named Hanjiro survived as well, he was actually from our village."

Lyra let out a small sigh as she clenched her fist.

"We thought he was our friend, he had helped the 3 of us train with our Nen. He found out that Kyushi had taken something from the Dark Continent a while later and went after him. The three of us were supposed to meet up in the forest, but when I got there..."

Lyra's words trailed off as she swallowed hard trying to hold back her tears.

"They were slaughtered."

Her mind flashed back to that forbidden day.

~~~~~

Lyra hurried through the forrest, her eyes glanced to the moon.

"Shit." She cursed to herself, knowing she was late to meeting Kyushi and Yinu. She jumped through the trees pushing herself faster.

Her eyebrows furrowed to something red on the ground, she halted and jumped down onto the hard ground. Her eyes widened realizing it was blood scattered across the ground.

She shoved her feet into the ground sprinting down the path in front of her. Blood was splattered across several trees, her entire body was now in a panic.

Her heart dropped down to her stomach when her eyes confirmed her fears. She slid to a stop seeing Kyushi laying on the ground, a pool of blood surrounded him.

"Kyu... Kyushi!!" Lyra screamed as she ran over to him. She dropped to her knees beside him her breathing was uneven as she placed her hands on his abdomen

"I can fix it.. I can fix it.. I can fi-" Lyra repeated over and over again, her breaths were heavy. Aura lit around her hand as the blood stopped seeping from him.

"Ly- Lyra.." Kyushi struggled to speak, Lyra's eyes fell on his. Tears streamed down his face, his shaking hand placed itself on hers.

Lyra shook her head, tears began to stream down her face.

"Don't speak..." Lyra said quietly as her hand shook beneath his.

"Yi.. nu.." Kyushi struggled to say again, Lyra's eyes widened as her head snapped to where Kyushi was looking.