Chapter 4

"You asked me if that sword was something special to me earlier." Lyra said glancing back to the large sky in front of her. Ging didn't look at her he simply waited patiently for her to continue.

"That sword is a part of me, I gave it up a month before you found me, it's part of my Nen ability." Lyra said as she tried to push the words out in an attempt to open up.

"You practically gave up your Nen ability then? Why would you do that?" Ging said questioning her motive for this, his eyes were searching for something.

"I.. I couldn't protect the people that meant the most to me. So I decided that if I couldn't protect them... then what was the point of having the sword in the first place. We said we were going to travel the world together... but what's the point if I don't have them anymore." Lyra choked out as she turned her head away to hide her face, the familiar lump crawled up her throat.

Ging's weight shifted in the chair, he pulled his head off of his arms his eyes shifted to Lyra's hiding face.

"You're supposed to continue because they are gone. If they cared about you they wouldn't want you to just give up." Ging said in a serious tone, a tear streamed down Lyra's face as she took in his words.

She knew this, she knew she shouldn't give up. But it was so hard loosing the only people that she truly cared for. The people that pushed her everyday to do better. Lyra's mind flashed to an  old memory of her childhood.

"Lyra! Why do you always do this?" A young boy ran up to Lyra who was laying in a large area of grass. Her arms were sprawled out above her, she looked casually to the young boy who had been calling her.

"Kyushi!" Lyra greeted him as he stood over her with a questioning face. Kyushi smiled brightly at her but his face dropped after a moment.

"It's late you should be inside!" The boy exclaimed, he looked toward the very small village behind them.

"Don't worry it's okay, where is Yinu?" Lyra said, she didn't move her position through the boys worry.

"Lyra, Kyushi? You guys are out here again?" A young girl said as she walked up to them tilting her head slightly.

"Yinu!" Lyra said as she greeted her with a smile.

"Yinu.. she's out here all the time!" Kyushi exclaimed again.

Yinu laughed at Kyushi and sat down next to Lyra.

"We may as well hang out here too then." Yinu smiled to Lyra who was patting the spot next to her for the boy to sit.

"I guess.. but we have to be quiet." Kyushi said as he was reluctant to join them. They both laid back onto the soft grass under them.

"Kyushi you're the only one being loud ya know!" Yinu said laughing at the boy as he pouted at her comment.

"Do you guys ever wonder about the world? Like.. how big it is?" Lyra said staring at the night sky.

"I bet it's huge!" Kyushi said his arms shot over his head as he reached for the stars, smiling brightly to himself.

"We should explore it together!" Yinu said looking to both of them.

They both smiled and nodded in agreement.

"Yeah!" They both said together, letting out a laugh as they realized they had said that as one.

"I know it's just hard.." Lyra said to Ging quickly wiping her tears from her cheeks. She finally turned to face Ging, his eyes softened slightly.

"I know. Bu- " Ging was cut off by one of the ships security men approaching them rather quickly.

"Hey you guys can't be out here this late, I'm sorry it's just policy." The man said as he stopped behind them.

Ging and Lyra looked at each other for a brief second before nodding to the man. They both exited their seats and made their way back to their assigned rooms. Before entering their rooms Ging spoke up.

"Sleep well Lyra." He said with sincerity, Lyra smiled to him and nodded. Lyra knew why he had said it and found a sort of comfort to his words.

"You too Ging." And with that they entered their rooms for the night.

As Ging shut his door behind him he let out a small sigh his eyes drifted to the wall that separated his room from Lyra's. He shook his head making his way to the large bed, he was curious about the girl. He wanted to know her but more, he also wanted to know the entire story. Although there was something that bothered him. Usually Ging could figure out someone's Nen class before they even had a chance to use it.

As far as Lyra's situation went he couldn't get a feeling on it. The sword played a part that much he knew from the sudden change of atmosphere at the market.

What is it..? Was she an Enhancer? Manipulator? But the sword emitted Nen..?

Ging's eyebrows pulled together tightly as he though about it. He decided he would just wait patiently to see what her ability really was and how it concerned the sword.

Unless she is a specialist..