Chapter 19

"I need this done." Ging said, a group of his team members sat at a round table. He had just told them of the two new cards he wanted made for the game.

"I assume you want these done rather quickly?" Razor asked wearing a knowing smirk on his face.

"You're correct. Contact me with the progress, Lyra and I will continue to scout the game for any issues." Ging said pushing his chair out to leave them.

As he walked out of the room he heard someone following him, it was Razor. Ging stopped his pace looking towards the man.

"Ging, you're having these cards made for her aren't you?" Razor asked stopping behind him.

"I am." Razor smiled at his reply, Ging's brows furrowed in irritation.

"What's with the smile?"

"You care deeply for this girl don't you?" Razor asked, Ging's eyes shifted away from him.

He did care deeply for her, she made him feel like anything was possible. He felt completely free with her, he could be himself with her. Over the past 3 months when he was around her his heart would ache.

He wanted to show her the world, and explore the unseen with her. Seeing the way her eyes light up always makes him smile.

He couldn't deny these feelings anymore.

"Yeah.. I do. I- I love her..." Ging replied looking back to Razor who wore a soft smile.

"I knew you would figure it out. The way you look at her says it all. I've known you for a while now, you're always moving so quickly around. Always looking for a new adventure. Every once in a while it's okay to slow down and enjoy the ride." Razor said as he turned away from Ging heading back inside the room they were once in.

~~~~~~

"It's all the same.." Lyra and Ging both walked down a path small houses were spread apart along the dirt road.

Her feet came to a halt as her eyes locked onto a certain house. It was small like the rest, a fence surrounding it. A sad smile formed on Lyra's face, Ging seemed to take notice.

"Do you want to go inside?" Ging asked her wrapping his hand around hers. Their hands fondled for a moment before their fingers finally intertwined.

"Can I?" Lyra asked still unsure of what she could do in this reality. He offered her a smile as he nodded.

Lyra unlatched the gate swinging it open, her curious mind pushed her body forward. There was a small wind chime that hung on the porch.

Her hand reached out for the doorknob slowly, but the pounding in her chest stopped her. Fear crept into her body as her hand hovered over the knob.

Why do I suddenly feel scared?

"Lyra?" Ging asked in a gentle voice, his hand giving hers a soft squeeze.

"Sorry.." Her hand wrapped around the knob and turned it, as she pushed the door open her breathing hitched.

Everything really was as Lyra remembered it to be, a small living room sat to their left. To their right the dinning room.

Pictures were scattered along the walls, Lyra released Ging's hand as she slowly walked into the familiar home. She smiled to herself as the comforting smell of this place hit her nose.

Her fingers brushed across a picture of her, Kyushi, Yinu, and her grandmother. She let out a small sigh, remembering the day they took that picture.