Chapter 7

"What do you want? You know this a private room yeah?" Ging said staring the man down, but Linus continued forward.

"I'm not here for you. I'm here for her. Well actually for the sword." The man said stopping a few feet away from them. Ging placed himself between Lyra and the man

"Come any closer and I'll start detaching your body parts." Ging said as he shifted his weight into defense mode.

"Why do you want the sword?" Lyra said as she stepped into view of Linus.

"There's something special about it.. you see I have been trying to sell it around in hopes someone would be able to unsheathe it. So far no one has been able to." The man said gesturing towards the sword that laid against the wall.

Lyra furrowed her brows, she wasn't sure what to say. She knew that she was the only one who could do it. Ging gave her a side eye like he was questioning her.

"How about we have this conversation later? I'm tired and if you want me to attempt to unsheathe that sword I'm going to need all the strength I can get." Lyra lied through her teeth, she knew she could do it regardless of her state.

"Hmm~" Linus hummed to himself thinking about it.

"You have until 8pm then, which gives you... 9 hours. I'll be expecting you here, and don't let me down." The man said as he smiled brightly then turned on his heel leaving them alone in the room again.

Lyra let out a sigh of relief her body finally able to relax, but that didn't last long.

"Wanna tell me about that sword now? Like what the hell that thing does?" Ging said looking to the sword then back to Lyra.

Lyra walked over to the wall and picked Kiro up. Something in her stomach turned as she studied the sword.

"It's from the dark continent.." Lyra said slowly Ging seemed to stammer at her words.

"The dark continent? You have been there?" Ging was surprised that she had even heard of such a place.

"No. Kyushi brought it back for me when we were 19.." Lyra said trailing off her sentence. She decided to tell Ging about when she acquired the sword.

~~~~~

"Kyushi you're back finally!" Lyra ran full force at him. She quickly jumped and wrapped her arms and legs around him. Kyushi laughed as he embraced her.

"Missed you too, we can't get caught though!" Kyushi said as he balanced Lyra back to the ground.

Kyushi had been on a mission to a continent that was unheard of. One that wasn't on the normal world map, he had been gone for a few months.

"Yinu isn't here right now it's okay." Lyra said as she smiled to him. Kyushi smiled gently to her, he placed his hand on her cheek his thumb grazing her skin slowly. He brought his forehead down placing it against hers.

"We will tell her soon." Kyushi said quietly to Lyra as he was enjoying this moment with her.

"Oh- I got you something!" Kyushi pulled his face away from hers. He dropped a bag off his back and set it on the ground. Quickly unzipping it he reached in and pulled out a sheathed sword.

"A sword?" Lyra said questionably, Kyushi nodded and handed it over to Lyra.

"I found it while I was there, I figured you would like it." He said watching Lyra study the sword closely.

Lyra attempted to unsheathe the sword but it didn't budge. She stared at it more intensely, she focused her Nen in both of her hands. Lyra felt an immense pain on her palms, causing her to drop the sword.

"What the hell..?" Lyra said in shock as she looked down at her hands which were now bleeding.

"Eh- are you okay?" Kyushi grabbed some wrap and gauze from his bag and began to wrap one of Lyra's hands who nodded.

"Yeah.." Lyra pulled her hand away from Kyushi who hadn't finished tending to it. She picked the sword up again and attempted to unsheathe it.

The sword began to budge as it moved out of its home. Aura blasted from the sword as it was finally out, as Lyra held the sword she felt a rush of power coursing through her. Kyushi's eyes widened as the aura blasted around them.

The blade sounded like it was cracking Lyra's eyes trailed down the blade of the sword, blood was flowing out of it. The hilt of the sword turned to some sort of bone.

"Who are you girl?" The sword had spoken, Lyra's blood turned cold.

"L- Lyra." She stuttered out the sword felt like it weighed 1,000 pounds. She tried desperately to hold onto it but failed.

"Lyra? What do you want with me Lyra?" The sword asked as it laid on the ground. Lyra's eyes shot to Kyushi he shook his head as he looked terrified.

"I want to wield you.. I can see you hold incredible power." Lyra said slowly as she crouched beside the sword.

"That I do. I can see you possess strong power of your own, you may call me Kiro. I shall choose to let you wield me for now. I will feed on the blood of your enemies, call upon me anytime you need." Kiro said, Lyra picked the sword up again this time it felt as light as a feather.

"Thank you Kiro.." Lyra said as she was mesmerized by the sword turning it back and forth observing its features.

~~~~~

"So I'm the only one who can actually take him out. Kiro would simply reject Linus even if I did unsheathe him." Lyra said as she set the sword back down against the wall.

"So what does it do then?" Ging asked studying the sword. Lyra slid down the wall her butt hit the flood with a small thump.

"Consumes the blood of my enemies." Lyra said causally as she pulled her knees up to her chest. Ging started laughing catching Lyra off guard.

"Sorry, it just makes sense why you didn't want use it on me earlier." Ging hitched an eyebrow at Lyra who rolled her eyes.

"Shut up! I just didn't wanna hurt your old bones!" Lyra said as she pouted at him, Ging slid down the wall beside her.

"Hey I got two hits on you, better than your one." Ging said as he smirked at Lyra who looked annoyed.

"I went easy on you!" She exclaimed pointing her finger at him.

"Is that so? Seemed like you were struggling to keep up." Ging said through a laugh, Lyra pushed him causing his back to slide against the wall.

"I wasn't struggling!" She couldn't help but to smile at him, he glanced to her as he pulled himself back up.

"Better get some rest, we are getting off this ship before sundown." Ging said as he looked away from her, he placed his hand on his stomach and winced lightly.

"Sorry about that.." Lyra quietly as she noticed him wince.

"It's not that bad." He said casually, but deep down it was excruciating. Ging was doing his best not to show it.