Chapter 18

Ging had led them to an area where there were huge rocks surrounding the area. There were several loud grunts, Lyra eyes trailed up the huge rock in front of her to see 3 Cyclops staring them down. Ging looked to Lyra with his signature enthusiastic smile.

"Ready?" He asked her raising a brow.

"You better not hold back old man!" Lyra said as she dashed towards the gigantic creatures.

Ging watched as the girl dashed away from him, he smiled to himself. He focused his Nen into his feet and dashed after her.

As the two got close, one of the creatures swung a huge club which they both dodged gracefully. Lyra pushed off the ground heading straight for the face of the creature that failed an attack. Her body turned in the air as she swung her foot into the eye of the creature.

It let out a blood curdling cry as a light flashed, the once standing creature was now a card. Lyra didn't bother to grab the card as she was having fun. As her body fell back to the ground her eyes found Ging.

He flashed up to another Cyclops rearing his fist back, there was a burst of aura around his fist. In a blink he smashed his fist into the eye of the beast. Just like the beast Lyra took down this one turned into a card.

"One more!" Lyra yelled with a smirk as her feet finally touched the ground.

"Let's try something! Jump and be ready for me." Ging yelled with a smirk as he stood on a tall rock, Lyra nodded and did as she was told.

She pushed herself off the ground, as she went up Ging pushed himself towards her reaching his hand out. Lyra grabbed his hand, and he threw her towards the last standing beast.

Lyra reared her fist back and slammed it into the eye of the last beast transforming it into a card. As her feet touched the ground again, Ging walked over to her.

"That was fun!" Lyra exclaimed with a huge smile. Ging let out a laugh, and nodded.

"We make a good team." Ging said as Lyra sat on the ground. He joined her sitting next to her crossing his legs.

"Yeah we do, im having fun I'm glad that it's you I'm with." Lyra replied, Ging nodded he seemed like he was thinking about something. Lyra gave him a questioning face, then his face turned serious.

"Can I ask you something?" Lyra glanced to him and nodded.

"Is there something you want?" Ging asked her as he studied her face.

"Something I want?" Lyra looked to the ground her mind pondered over his question. She wore a sad smile, as she replied.

"My friends.. I wish I could have told them that I was sorry. I should have been there that day, if I had made it in time maybe things would have been different. Also.. I miss my hometown, but I can't go back there... What about you?" She said finally looking back to Ging. He seemed to be in thought like his mind was trying to figure something out.

"Me? I want to explore as much of the world as I can. Also.. I want to ease your pain. I like seeing you smile, and I know you struggle. I just want to help you." He said giving her a soft smile.

"You ease my pain Ging.. you make things brighter when it's dark in my mind." She said placing her hand on his.

"Lyra I-" Ging started to say but he cut himself off. Lyra furrowed her brows, Ging reached his hand up and placed it on her cheek.

"What is it?" Lyra asked, Ging shook his head placing his forehead against hers.

"Nothing." He breathed out pulling away from her slightly, gently placing a kiss on her forehead.

~~~~~

Over the course of 3 weeks Lyra and Ging had played through parts of the game. Ging had been acting strange and secretive since the day they took down the cyclops.

He would pull himself away from her to have conversations with his team. Lyra knew she didn't help him with the game, but it still hurt in a way. She felt like their was some sort of distance between them.

"Ging what's going on?" Lyra asked ask as she walked behind him. He was leading them into another city so they could rest.

"What do you mean?" Ging asked not bothering to glance back to her.

"You're hiding something."

"Why would you think that?"

"Ging don't play dumb with me. I have seen you at night leaving, you don't want me to overhear any conversations between you and your team. I want to be doing that with you, I want to be doing those things together.."

Ging stopped in his tracks, Lyra almost ran into him. He finally turned around to face her, and he studied her for a moment.

"Do you trust me?" He asked her, she felt something in her chest pull. Her heart answered before her brain could.

"Yes."

"Close your eyes." She was hesitant at first but then she slowly closed her eyes.

"Book" Ging said, she heard him pull out 2 cards. His warm fingers wrapped around her hand, she felt him slip a card into her palm.

"Don't open your eyes yet.. I'm sorry that you felt like you weren't apart of my world.. That's actually the opposite.. I was working on making you two cards, I didn't want you to know about it." Ging said, Lyra felt like her heart would burst from her chest.

"Ging.. you shouldn't have.." Lyra said astonished, he would work on something just for her sake?

"Say gain." Ging said quietly, Lyra let out a shaky breath.

"Gain." She could see a bright flash through her closed eyelids. The smell of sunflowers hit her nose, the familiar sounds of birds hit her ears.

"Open your eyes." Ging said, Lyra slowly peeled open her eyes. Her heart caught in her throat, it was the entrance to her village. Her eyes shot around the area, she didn't see anyone there.

"You said you couldn't go back to your hometown. I decided to bring it to you instead." Ging said giving her a soft smile, Lyra stared at him wide eyed.

"How-" Lyra could hardly form the words as she pushed them out.

"To put it simply, the card digs into your memories. It's called Hometown, it won't manifest people though." Ging replied, Lyra slowly nodded glancing back to the village.

Home..