Chapter 15

Ging and Lyra stayed atop the tree enjoying the view as the sunset sky faded into blackness. Lyra laid on her back and studied the stars with interest. She heard Ging shift he had joined her laying on his back beside her.

"Ging?" Lyra questioned as she glanced over to him.

"Hm?" He looked over to her, raising a brow.

"What were you doing before you met me?" She said looking at him curiously. A smile placed itself on Ging's face.

"I was working on a game." He replied.

"A game?" Lyra raised a brow pushing him to continue.

"It's something I have been working on for a while now. A game you can go inside of using Nen, to beat it you have to collect 100 cards." Ging said, Lyra tilted her head with interest.

"A game you can go inside of? That's incredible, how did you manage to pull that off?" Lyra questioned with interest.

"It isn't just me, I had help from some friends of mine." Ging replied, Lyra rolled on her side slowly.

"Why did you decide to make it?" She asked tucking an arm under her head.

"I want to see what I'm capable of honestly, granted I had some help. I'm interested in the things people can't understand. I want to do the things I want to do, and explore the world how I see fit. There is more than what meets the eye out there." Ging said glancing to the sky, Lyra smiled at him.

"You're very ambitious ya know? It's what I like about you. I'm sure you will do things people could never imagine. When the game is finished I want to go through it with you." When she said that Ging's eyes shifted to her.

"It's what you like about me huh?" Ging said teasingly as he smirked at her. Lyra's face immediately turned red, she hoped the darkness would mask it.

"Shut up!" Lyra exclaimed causing Ging to laugh at her flustered state.

Lyra picked up a small stray stick and threw it at him. Ging's head turned to her with an amused brow lifted. He picked the small stick up and threw it back at her.

"You're changing Lyra, there is a light about you now. I like it." Ging said making Lyra stammer, she quickly rolled over facing away from him.

"It's because of you.." She said quietly more to herself than to him.

~~~~~

Lyra's eyes fluttered open, she squinted at the approaching sun. She rolled over to see Ging still fast asleep, he looked so peaceful. She studied him there were light even huffs coming from his nose.

A devilish smirk made it way to her lips, she slowly reached out a finger attempting to tickle his nose. As her finger was an inch from his nose his hand grabbed her wrist. Lyra jumped at the sudden movement, Ging opened one eye.

"Good try." He said as he released her, Lyra looked disappointed as her plan failed. He smiled at her as he quickly sat up. The large birds behind them began to squawk loudly, Lyra sat up and glanced at them.

A huge bird assuming to be their mother flew over them, her eyes widened at the pure size of the bird. A huge smile spread across Lyra's face as she watched the bird feed her babies. She looked back to Ging who had stood up and was looking over the edge of the nest.

"Where to now?" Lyra said as she stood up and walked beside him.

"The ground." Ging said sarcastically with a laugh. Lyra gave him an annoyed face, but ended up with a smile.

"Really? I thought we would just start a life up here with the birds." Lyra replied jokingly, Ging glanced to her smiling.

He held his hand out to her, Lyra raised a questioning brow at him. She took his hand in hers he gently pulled her closer to him.

"Ready?" He asked, Lyra glanced to the never ending sky below them.

"We are climbing down aren't we?" Lyra ask causing Ging to laugh.

"Do you trust me?" Ging asked, Lyra studied him for a moment before nodding. He grasped her hand tightly in his and let his body fall off the edge pulling Lyra with him.

As they fell Lyra let out a scream she felt like her stomach shot into throat, Ging was highly amused.

"Ging!" Lyra screamed as they fell, the heavy winds shoving against them. Ging reached his other hand out in which Lyra took quickly. She quickly shut her eyes out of fear of the fall.

"Open your eyes Lyra!" Ging yelled through the harsh wind, Lyra slowly opened her eyes again. He was wearing a goofy smile the wind was shoving his hair around his face. She looked around and it was as if they were just floating through the sky.

Lyra's face brightened as her eyes scanned around them she looked back to Ging who had kept his eyes on her. He pulled her closer to him releasing one of his hands from hers.

"Put your arms out!" He yelled over the winds, he released her other hand and held his arms out on either side of him. Lyra quickly did it and more of the harsh wind pressed against her. She felt like she was flying and she began to laugh.

"It's like we are flying!" Lyra replied continuing to laugh with amusement. Ging nodded his head with a big smile, Lyra had never seen him so happy. She enjoyed this side of him, he had a kid like enthusiasm about him.

She had never felt this kind of rush before, it was something she had always craved for. Ging pulled these feelings from her, she wanted to continue to reach for these feelings. She wanted to learn how to see the world the way he does.

"Lyra!" Ging yelled again through the harsh wind. He reached his hand out to her and she took it. He pulled her closer to him, he reached his hand up placing it on her cheek. Lyra was taken by surprise as Ging pulled closer to her and his lips met hers gently.

Lyra placed her hand on his cheek kissing him back, he was changing her that much she could admit now. He was the light in a dark tunnel, she didn't want to ever let that go away. In that moment Lyra promised herself that she would never leave this man, she would overcome everything for him.

She tangled her hand through his hair, Ging pressed further into the kiss. Their lips moved in sync, Ging hesitantly pulled away pressing their foreheads together.

"Hang on we are going to land." Ging said just loud enough for her to hear. Lyra wrapped her arms around him holding on for their landing.