Chapter 21

"You're always out here Lyra.."

Lyra's throat felt like it was closing when that familiar voice hit her ears. Her heart felt like it was going to pound out of her chest.

"How.." She whispered out.

Her eyes opened to see Kyushi standing a few feet away from her. Lyra stared wide eyed at him, not believing he was really there for a moment.

She felt like her mind was deceiving her.

"Lyra.. I don't know how.. but I'm here.. I'm really here.." Kyushi said as his eyes studied her, his eyes never leaving her.

Ging.. how did you do this..

Her feet shifted under her as she struggled to stand, completely bewildered. As she stared at him her breathing became more rapid.

"Kyushi!" Lyra cried out, this wasn't deception in front of her but a miracle instead. Her feet quickly gained control as she ran towards him.

"Lyra!" Kyushi looked like a wave of relief washed over him, a smile finally came across his face as he yelled out to her.

Lyra ran to him and jumped into his arms. Kyushi caught her as Lyra wrapped her arms around his neck.

It's just like before...

He felt so warm against her, she buried her face into his neck slowly taking in his familiar scent.

You're really here..

It was as if something had finally broken inside of her. Lyra began to cry, as she held onto him as tight as she could.

"Kyushi.. I'm sorry.. I.. I should have been there.." Lyra cried, she could hardly get the words out.

Kyushi shushed her as she cried, tears of his own steamed down his face. His hand rubbed her back gently as he embraced her.

"There's nothing you should be sorry for.." Kyushi replied his voice was soft, Lyra shook her head against him.

"I wanted to save you.. I wanted to save both of you. I should have been there that day.." Lyra pulled her head away from his neck glancing up to him.

Kyushi glanced down to her seeing her cheeks blotched red. Her eyes swam with desperation, and pain as he looked into them.

"There was no saving us Lyra..I know you blamed yourself for such a long time. But it wasn't your fault." Kyushi gently tucked a few strands of her hair behind her ear.

"I caused this because I took that sword and Yinu paid the price with me. I would have never of forgiven myself if you had died too."

"We were supposed to be in this together.. through thick and thin. But.. I lost both of you all at once while also losing myself." Lyra replied, tears continued to run down her cheeks.

Kyushi wiped away the tears with his thumb, his forehead met hers gently. A small sad smile brushed across Kyushi's lips.

"I'm sorry I left you.. but I have also been by your side after death. I watched the tears, the never ending nights, the struggle to get up everyday, your anger towards the world. I watched you change into another person. You wanted to give up.. I wanted to help you, but I couldn't get through to you."

Kyushi said as he rubbed his thumb across her cheek gently.

"I did my best to handle the pain, I killed Hanjiro but it never eased my anger. I just felt so alone, I didn't know what to do with my life. I couldn't go back to Grams, I didn't want to face her.. I just wanted it to stop hurting Kyu.."

Lyra said as the tears kept falling, her heart felt like it had been ripped from her chest. She felt like she had disappointed him.

"I know you tried. I'm sorry you had to go through that alone.. I wanted you to go and live an amazing life. Filled with the things we didn't get to see, for a while I didn't think that would happen. But you met someone who pulled the real you out again." Kyushi said with a sad smile, Lyra averted her eyes away from his.

"He's been good to me Kyushi.." Lyra said slowly.

"It's okay Lyra, all I ever wanted for you was to be happy." Kyushi said placing his finger under her chin causing her to meet his eyes again.

"But if he ever hurts you I will come back from the dead and kill him myself." Lyra softly smiled at him.

"I expect nothing less." Lyra replied with an amused face, Kyushi let out a small laugh at her remark.

Kyushi's eyes studied hers for a moment, he seemed weary before placing a kiss on her cheek.

"You two finished?" Lyra quickly pulled away from Kyushi, her eyes met Yinu. She let out a small gasp seeing her standing there.

"Yinu!" Lyra cried out she practically jumped on Yinu hugging her tightly.

"Back from the dead for whatever reason." Yinu said hugging her back just as tightly, Lyra started to cry again.

"Hey. Kyushi is the crybaby, not you." Yinu said smirking at Kyushi.

"Oi! I'm not a crybaby!" Kyushi yelled at Yinu with an unamused face.

"Really? Because I recall many tears from you." Yinu replied with a smirk, Lyra couldn't help but laugh as she pulled away from Yinu.

"You guys have no idea how much I've missed you." Lyra said with a smile looking between the two. They both glanced to her with a smile, Yinu nodded.

"You have no idea how much I have missed you. It's not easy dealing with him all the time by myself." Yinu said jokingly as she point to Kyushi.

Lyra laughed as Kyushi looked annoyed, her eyes wondered to the woods just behind them. Her book appeared in front of her suddenly, and an unknown voice rang out.

"Three hours left." The voice said, Lyra's brows furrowed. She glanced to Kyushi and Yinu, they seemed to understand.

"We better make the most of it." Yinu said as she sat on the ground. Lyra nodded and sat beside her with Kyushi on the other side of Lyra.

"Tell us everything." Yinu said with a smile as she looked to Lyra.