Chapter 9

Lyra's eyes fluttered open the bright rays of the sun nearly blinded her. She could hear the sound of a river nearby, something soft was under her head. She pulled her body up right her eyes had finally adjusted to the once violent light.

Glancing down she noticed a hat, it was Ging's. Lyra looked around to see Ging sitting by the river, his back was pressed against a tree that sat close to the bank.

She had thought about the events before she passed out. She had pulled Kiro out when she was in a blood thirsty state. Her aura control was always at its worst during that time. He had seen what she had done or rather, what she had become.

"Ging." Lyra called out to him, his body seemed to stiffen as he glanced over his shoulder he seemed relieved.

"You're awake." Ging said calmly, Lyra nodded her head.

Lyra stood up and made her way over to him, he gave her a questioning glance. She slapped the back of his head causing him to cover the area.

"What was that for?!" Ging yelled at her seemingly very confused with the situation.

"For being the way you are! You hugged me and said you would be "Right behind me." But nooo instead I get a ship blowing up! You can be such a pai-" Lyra was cut off by Ging pushing her into the water. She quickly gasped for air once her head was above the water as the river was deep.

"I did that to throw your brain off, if I just shoved you then you would have pulled me with you. The approaching person you heard was Linus. I wanted to give you time to at least get space from him. I underestimated the time it would take to get out, I suspected 2 minutes but it was 3 instead. You showed up at about 1 minute 30 seconds." Ging explained, Lyra furrowed her brows at him realizing how calculated this man really was.

Ging hitched a curious eyebrow at her expression. Lyra pulled herself out of the water being sure to wring her hair out over him. Ging let out an irritated grunt as he tried to cover his head.

"Whatever. I was out for a while?" She asked, he nodded his head as Lyra sat down, beads of water rolling off her.

"About a day." Ging said as he studied her, Lyra let out a sigh.

"Not the longest.. thanks for pillow." She said glancing over to his make shift hat pillow. He averted his eyes, a hint of red showing on his cheeks.

"You were out for a while.. I didn't want to move you around too much. Your sword told me about what happened once I retrieved it for you." Ging said taking a deep breath turning his attention back to her.

"Kiro did? He must trust you. He feeds off of my bloodlust but I can't control how much seeps out.. It's usually a last resort." Lyra clutched the strap that was around her.

"Once you loose that bloodlust you can't use the swords power?" Ging asked her, she nodded to him.

"There is always a condition set for when I pull the sword. I have to give in order to take, meaning there is always a price to pay." Lyra replied as she looked to the river.

"Then you don't need to pull that sword. I'll handle everything from here on out." Ging said as he looked at Lyra. The girl looked irritated as she smacked Ging again.

"No way! I can handle myself." Ging rubbed his pained head while they exchanged annoyed looks.

"Do we really need to have this conversation again? Besides, if you would have trusted me I would have been right behind you." He said referring to the explosion.

"Well maybe I thought your old ass couldn't handle the explosion! I consider you a friend so of course I'm going to come after you! It worried me!" Lyra yelled folding her arms over her chest, snatching her eyes in the opposite direction.

Ging was surprised by her outburst, his eyes drifted to the ground studying it in thought. His hand reached out to her arm grabbing it gently. Lyra looked back at him confusion all over her face. He pulled her arm closer to him causing Lyra's body to fall into his.

"Ging?" Lyra said questioningly, he wrapped his arms around her causing Lyra's body to tense.

"I'm sorry.." Ging said quietly, just like Lyra he was confused with his own actions. She relaxed against him wrapping her arms around him.

"It's okay.." Lyra replied just as quietly, Ging released her and Lyra sat back up. Averting her eyes away from his, Ging cleared his throat.

"I got a call from the Hunters Association while you were out. Netero has requested to meet you." Ging said catching Lyra's immediate attention.

"Why does he want to meet me?" Lyra asked as she studied Ging. Panic began to crawl around inside of her.

"If I had to guess, it would be about the sword. The Association isn't far from where we are, we can make it there in a few hours." He stated. Ging stood up and walked over to where his hat was laying. He shook the dirt out of it and placed it back over his head.

~~~~~~~~

As they walked up to the the large building people were crowding the streets. It was so loud in this city, Lyra and Ging both disliked the heavily populated area.

"Ready?" Ging asked glancing to Lyra who hesitantly nodded to him.

They made their was inside the massive building Lyra stayed close to Ging as they walked to the front desk. There was a small man sitting at the desk, he was green with a very oddly shaped head.

"Oh Ging!" The small man said as he noticed their presence.

"Beans, the chairman called us here." Ging said to the man now known as Beans. Lyra held back a snicker amused that his name fit his appearance.

"Right this way!" Beans said he was very enthusiastic about the situation. The small man led them to an elevator, he scanned a card causing the elevator to open.

"I'll send you to the correct floor!" Beans said pressing a few buttons. Ging and Lyra stepped inside the elevator, once they did the doors slowly closed behind them.

Lyra's eyes stared at the door, fear crept around her anticipating the worst. Ging seemed to notice her distress, he bumped his elbow against her gently. Lyra's attention was pulled away from the doors in front of her to the man standing beside her.

"I'll be with you, don't worry." Ging said trying to calm Lyra's nerves. Ging was just as worried but he put on a much better face than she did. Lyra slowly nodded to him, there was a loud ding and the elevator doors parted open.