ADRESSING: Kim Woojin

"Summary (tw - sexual assault): 

       An anonymous person posted on twitter that Woojin had sexually harassed/assaulted them and a friend of theirs after he attempted to pick up two people at a bar in Korea. 

Woojin released a statement that received a lot of backlash because

1) he referred to the situation as "absurd" and did not address the allegations with the proper seriousness and care 

2) he included no evidence to back up his claim that the allegation was false and even took the time to announce that he signed with a new label and would be pursuing a solo career in the message 

3) that he was even allowed to post this message at all, and that the statement posted was clearly written himself, and not by his management.

 This is not the first time there have been speculations about Woojin's character as Bang Chan, the leader of Stray Kids went on Vlive earlier this year and discussed a person that many believe is Woojin, and alluded to the fact that Woojin did not leave willingly, but was rather forced out due to inappropriate behavior. Many people now believe that Bang Chan was referring to the allegations against Woojin in that Vlive. Please make sure to take care of yourself and others, and take breaks from social media if need be. Do not sacrifice your mental health for the sake of knowing what happened with Woojin.." -YouTuber redvelvetus 

If you are a victim blamer, stop reading my books and get lost.

If you still support him, get lost. And you very well know who I mean by him. 

When I first got word of the issue, I kept thinking "this has to be fake news. Woojin couldn't-" then it really hit me. We don't personally know him. We don't know his true character. If this victim is telling the truth, then just imagine what was going on this entire time without our knowledge. It's ok that we supported him before we found this out, you guys, we didn't know. But what happens now is entirely up to you. I personally cannot stand people who commit sexual assault because so many of my family members have gone through it that it is unbearable for me therefore my allegiance to him stops now. Like I said before, what happens now is entirely up to you. But, also like what I said before. If you blame the victim or if you still support Woojin, then please leave my books until this issue is either solved or dies off.

As one of my favorite authors recently said, "Even if it turns out not to be true, the victim is always your top priority. You are a human before you are a kpop stan." I'm sure they'd prefer to be kept anonymous. But this statement is extremely true. You are a human being before you are a Music fan. The victim is always top priority. Always. 

This is just my slightly controversial opinion on this extremely disappointing yet important subject.