42

When he got up the next morning, Cree was already waiting outside his door. When the two of them met face-to-face, Isaiah  had dark circles under his eyes.

He had spent most of his time in his room thinking about the past events and for some odd, undetectable reason, he didn't feel sleepy at all.

Cree was a little distressed, and he held out his hand wanting to touch Isaiah's eyes but ended up not doing it.

"Did you not sleep well?" Cree worriedly questioned.

"It doesn't cornern y.." Isaiah peered at Cree's worried expression and lost interest in completing the sentence.

Arching his eyebrows, Isaiah said, "Don't want to come with me anymore? Why are you standing there and spacing out for?"

"No, I-I.. let's go?"

○○○

On the way, Cree kept glancing at Isaiah every few seconds which irked Isaiah.

Unable to hold his anger in, Isaiah paced faster with Cree catching up quickly after.

Walking even faster with the intention of not wanting to walk side by side with Cree because of his irritating behaviour of always glancing at him, Isaiah finally understood that the current body was actually, honestly and truthfully hundered times.. no, thousand times weaker than his original body!

Cree breathlessly caught up to him while Isaiah stood panting with his flushed face.

"How about resting for a while?" Cree warily asked not forgetting to note Isaiah's expression closely.

Spending time with Isaiah, Cree knew how prideful Isaiah is and tried his best to never accidentally stimulate him.

But he couldn't help but find this side of Isaiah adorable as well, in fact, every gesture of his, his appearance, his temperament, his current eyes bags, every single thing about him attracted Cree.

"Do I look weak to you!?" Isaiah glared but as he was about to run loose his tongue which only spoke nonsense most of the time, a dark light shone on top of him making his face pale.

Cree hurriedly pulled Isaiah and the fire spell aimed at him clashed with Cree's unsheathed sword and disappeared into thin air.

"What.." Isaiah shoved Cree who was on top of him, caging him within his arms.

Cree dejectedly pouted.

"You evil witch! Who did you come to bewitch!" A man ferociously yelled.

Looking around, Isaiah saw that a bunch of armour-clad men and two women surrounded them.

Isaiah ruffled his hair annoyed.

"I will take care of this.. why don't you sit an rest? You are hurt.." Cree gently rubbed Isaiah's left arm which had a small bruise on it because of the fall earlier.

It looked cute as well to Cree but he didn't really like it when Isaiah was injured.

Isaiah roughly slapped Cree's hand which was touching him and said: "Hmph! I can protect myself!"

Isaiah snapped his fingers to ignite a fire spell. He spread open his palm and directed the fire towards the two men nearby.

They tried blocking the incoming attack with their shield but it penetrated their sheilds and burnt a bit of their face and neck.

The attack was so fast that they didn't even have time to use a spell to protect themselves.

Gasps from the comrades of the attacked men was audible in the open land.

"Y-you! You dare to sneak attack!" Feeling pity for their hurt comrades in arms, the enemies, started to strike together.