Prolouge

*2013*

"So make sure you," Grace begins, looking to Hannah for the rest of the answer. Hannah's bright blue eyes meet hers, and the way they stare makes Grace blush. "Stay tubed!" They finish together.

Grace turns off her MacBook webcam after that, pushing it away from her and just lying on the bed. Hannah watches her brown orbs flutter shut, her blonde hair splayed perfectly over the bed's comforter. The hotel they're staying in for NoFilter only had one room left with two beds, so Hannah and Grace ended up sharing a bed.

Hannah bites her lip, indecisive for only a moment before going to lie beside Grace. Hannah lies with her back pressed against Grace's torso, and Grace's arms immediately wrap around her best friends body. Hannah smiles, the warmth of Grace's body something she's craved for so long.

Hannah turns then, so she and Grace are practically double spooning. She can see Grace's eyes now, wide and dark. Grace blushes deeply, noticing the gaze of her best friend. "You look beautiful." Hannah murmurs, the drunk part of her brain taking over.

"Thanks," Grace starts quietly. "but I think that's you." Hannah looks shocked at the taller girl's compliment, but she feels a tiny flutter in her chest as well. Grace thinks she's beautiful?

Grace and Hannah both had too much to drink tonight, but alcohol can only get rid of sense, not feelings. Grace moves until her face is inches from Hannah's, their noses pressing together. Hannah inhales deeply, Grace's scent all she can smell; which she doesn't mind. Grace is overcome with a passion, a need that's taken over her body for the past couple of months. Her lips are about to brush Hannah's when Mamrie pushes the hotel door open.

"What the hell are you two doing?" Mamrie asks with a laugh. Grace and Hannah quickly jump apart, Hannah sliding off the left side of the bed as Grace sits up straight.

"We were, um-" Grace stammers, her heart pounding in her chest.

"We were practicing the fanfiction bit." Hannah says quickly. "For NoFilter." Mamrie doesn't seem convinced, looking at Hannah knowingly.

"Tiny Hart-?" Mamrie asks, but Hannah speaks again before she can finish.

"Mames, why would I make that up? We have to make it look real for all the people who ship Hartbig." Hannah explains.

Grace just sits nervously, watching the odd encounter between her two friends. She can't help feeling disappointed at how things went; she'd almost kissed the girl of her dreams.