☆ - late night bathroom break

- m/n tries getting kenma to go to sleep instead of gaming - + i jus wanted to write a special for kenma bc the bebe didnt have one so excuse me if this is TRASH or he's too ooc :(

+ i jus wanted to write a special for kenma bc the bebe didnt have one so excuse me if this is TRASH or he's too ooc :(

+ ALSO IK THATS KUROO AND KENMA BUT SHHHHHHH

m/n yawned as he sleepily got up to walk out of the room. 

"where are you going?" daichi's natural sensor went off the moment he heard someone's footsteps approaching the door. 

"ah, sorry for waking you," m/n rubbed his eyes, "just the bathroom," 

"okay, come back soon and try not to wake up the other teams," daichi mumbled before falling back to sleep. 

m/n shut the door behind him, walking down the dimly lit hallway, slowly approaching the bathroom. he walked in and did his business, washing his hands right after. he looked up and saw his reflection, sighing when he saw his tired state. but his figure stopped inspecting his imperfections when he heard the sound of buttons being rapidly hit and a joystick moving about. 

he turned around and saw there was a closed stall door, tilting his head as the sound of someone playing a game continued on. the person even had their volume up, so he was able to hear that the person had just lost against the enemy.

"dammit," 

m/n relaxed hearing the familiar voice. 

"oi, kenma, what're you doing?" he asked, leaning against the side of the stall door, looking down when it opened to reveal the pudding head, "geez, you look like you haven't slept in days," 

"i've been trying to beat this boss since practice ended," kenma sleepily said and m/n looked down at him. 

"why are you in the bathroom, though?" 

"kuroo said that my game was too bright and told me to stop playing so i just went to the bathroom to play," kenma explained before turning his attention back onto the game. 

"hey, come on, you need to rest now," m/n urged, trying to pull the game out of kenma's hands, only for the setter to dodge and continue on gaming, "kenma~ stop playing now, you need to rest," 

"i am so close, m/n," kenma mimicked the whining tone from m/n making the boy pout. 

"you have till the count of three,"

kenma stayed focused on the game. 

"1, 2...3," 

m/n snatched kenma up by his waist, dragging him out of the bathroom and walking out of the bathroom with his over his shoulder. 

"we can chill in the lounge downstairs, but you have to be quiet and stop playing after one try," 

"whatever," kenma repled, but was eternally grateful that m/n didn't turn off his device, something that has happened on several occasions with his captain. 

he was thoroughly pleased when he was comfortably placed in between m/n's legs, feeling the boy lean his chest against his much smaller back. warmth enveloped him as he tried his best focussing on beating the boss, cursing when he was down to low health once again. m/n was curiously watching the game play, wincing slightly when kenma's character was knocked dead.

"alright, let's go, you need to seriously sleep now," 

"i'm so tired, though," 

"which is why we're going to sleep now," m/n chuckled, unwrapping his arms from kenma's waist and standing up off of the couch. he stretched his arms and legs, looking down when he felt a tug at his shirt, "what is it, pudding?" 

"carry me, i'm too tired to walk," kenma complained, lifting his arms up so that m/n could carry him. 

this one time he decided that he was going to push aside his scared, nervous, and anxious self and completely trust that m/n wouldn't try anything funny. besides, m/n wouldn't question his sudden want of being carried because he seemed too tired to care. but even then, if he were fully awake, he would take the opportunity at a moment's notice. kenma realized that's  just how m/n is. however, his laziness was also apart of the reason as to why he wanted to be carried.

 it's not just for the skinship or affection, don't get it twisted...

m/n chuckled and softly picked up the much smaller boy, respectfully resting his hands on the underside of his thighs to hold him up. kenma immediately wrapped his arms around m/n's neck and rested his face in the crook of his neck, almost releasing a sigh at the familiar warmth that was provided once again.  

m/n walked back down the dark hallway, softly letting kenma's feet touch the ground when they arrived at the Nekoma room. 

"thanks," kenma said softly, pushing his small gaming device into his pocket, "please don't tell kuroo or the team you found me in the bathroom playing games - they would take it away if they heard," 

m/n chuckled and ruffled the unique hair style of his friend, "you got my word, pudding," 

"don't call me that in public," 

"eh, but no one is awake anyway," m/n argued, but the setter shook his head, "hm? you care more about someone hearing your nickname than someone seeing me carrying you like a baby?" 

"don't do either," kenma said as he turned his face away to hide his rising blush. 

"you're funny, pudding," m/n grinned, turning around to walk back to his room which was a few doors down, "secret's safe with me~"

kenma slouched and sighed as his friend disappeared behind the doors of his own room. when did he even become so familiar and close with the crow? it was either over a period of mutual understanding of each other's personalities or m/n's natural aura that attracted attention to himself. 

kenma bet it was the latter, or, honestly, both. he knew, he himself was sweeped in by his fellow second year's presence. m/n was practically irresistible, even to the  usually cold, aloof kozume kenma. 

be fed w soft and fluffy kenma content