sweet nothings - i want to stay here longer with you

mood for today's chapter: ouch :D and kinda messy 

M/n wiped the sweat from his forehead. They were already on the second set, the points being 13-11, in Seijoh's favor. For the majority of the first half of the set, M/n was patiently waiting on the sidelines for the rotation to call for him. Not much had happened. The most notable plays were in regards to Mad Dog and his 3-point streak as well as his habit of knocking down his own teammates in his selfish attempts at getting the ball. 

Now that M/n was in the game, he was in the front row, right beside Kageyama. 

"Nice serve, Sho-chan!" he called out encouragingly, smiling at the first year. Hinata breathed a sigh of relief, thankful for the kind gesture before refocussing on his serve. 

From the signal Kageama did earlier, he let everyone know that it was about to be a synchronized back row attack. However, the moment Hinata spiked the ball down, it was blocked by Seijoh. 

"Did you think that was a good time to use a back row attack?" Oikawa's cocky voice made both Kageyama and M/n snap their heads to look at him, "I did, too," 

Kageyama grit his teeth and tried to hold in his rage while M/n only cheerfully smiled and stood in front of Kageyama, "Ne, ne, Oikawa-chan~" both setters looked at the second year in curiousity, "keep that pretty mouth of yours shut, m'kay?~ Before you make me do it for you and, trust me, when I do, it won't be pretty at all~"

His cheerful grin and light tone were very misleading to the threat he was giving. Oikawa pouted, not liking the persona M/n had developed on court, his lips turning into an even bigger frown when he heard M/n begin to comfort Kageyama with sweet nothings. He scoffed under his breath before turning to look at his team, which were giggling behind their hands. 

"What's so funny?!" he cried out. 

"M/n-chan really grew up to put you in your place huh, OIkawa-chan?" Hanamakki chuckled, mockingly saying his captain's name in the same way in which M/n did. 

"Shut up, all of you!" Oikawa scolded, a tick mark on his forehead.  

The next serve was Oikawa's, much to the displeasure of everyone on Karasuno's side. M/n gulped and watched as the captain sent the ball upwards, biting his lip when he saw that it was an almost perfect serve toss. He looked back to the defense behind them when Oikawa served it, flinching when he heard the ball make contact with the floor before any of them could even react. 

M/n clicked his tongue in annoyance, glaring at the cocky Oikawa. 

After some plays, the points were then brought to 17-13, still in Seijoh's favor. Thankfully, the next serve Oikawa had done hit the top of the net, leaving Nishinoya to save it. M/n acted quick, getting under the ball and sending it to Tanaka. M/n watched in anticipattion as three blockers were set up in front of his friend, but his worries washed away when he saw Tanaka had gotten them another point.