My Dear Diana

Silence and darkness. Diana Rose Brando opened her eyes only to find that she was laying on her father, Dio Brando's chest. He had a book open which was covering his face from the angle she was laying in. Upon feeling the slight movement of his daughter shifting, he closed his book and set it aside.

Diana saw his deeper red eyes with golden tints, his golden ruffled hair, and the loving smirk that was on his face. Upon seeing a welcoming face, she hugged him tightly and buried her face into his chest. In return, her Dio gently placed his arms around her, embracing her back.

"Goodnight Papa! I love you!" She cheerfully said, but it was muffled because her face was cuddled against his chest.

"Goodnight little one." Dio's pride was preventing him from saying "I love you" back to her, but he knew he needed to make her feel welcome here. He ignored his pride and cold heart, and replied.

"I love you too."

The two of them got up, and got ready for the long night that was ahead of them. Of course, nighttime was considered daytime for them. They couldn't touch or experience the sun, so they'd take in the beauty and touch of the moon and it's glistening wonders. 

Dio took Diana to the bathing room, bathed her as she splashed around happily, dried her, and put a towel around her. Sitting her down in a chair, he combed out her hair, and began to braid it. True, braids were not the latest fashion, but when he was young when his mother was still alive, he would braid her hair for her. Her friendly smile and compliments on how good he was at  braiding hair made his day better. When she died...he became cold, and heartless. Damn that old bastard, you drove her to death!

His mind wondered on thoughts of his mother as he gently took her golden hair and weaved it into a smooth beautiful shape. He figured a crown braid would suffice for the night. He had special plans for tonight.

Diana's hair was that of a goddesses. The pleasing silkiness it had, and it's golden hue was resplendent. With various very faint golden shades of hair, it made her look elegant. It was thick, allowing Dio to braid it and have the crown braid sit on top of full strands of hair.

"There, all done." Brando said sweetly to her as he took his hands off of her head. A smile beamed from her, sparking something swarm inside of Dio. Only his little Diana could shimmy her way into his heart. To think all it took was a smile to make him feel warm inside.

He had Wang Chan search through the castle's old wardrobes, where he found a magenta colored Victorian dress. It seemed as if whoever lived here before loved dressing their little ones up to look fancy. 

From the waist up of the dress was a smooth enclosed area that was very form fitting. From the waist down, the sides and back of the dress were smooth and magenta like the top, but had fancy black patterns in printed on it. The middle of the dress from the waist down had black ruffles that hung loosely. The bottom of the dress was lined with a singular row of black ruffles that were in good shape. 

Dio slid the dress up onto her body, and tied the back. For being a fancy dress, it still allowed Diana to move freely without being uncomfortable. Smiling and covering her mouth, she giggled.

"What? Why are you laughing?" Dio asked, confused. What was so funny? Had he missed something?

"P-papa! Y-your hair! It's all puffy!" She closed her eyes as she laughed, slightly drooling from her  giggling. Dio's hair had become staticky, and was sticking straight up. Running his hand through his hair a few times and holding it in place, it eventually stopped. At least she was laughing?

"Little one, stay here. I'm going to take a bath. Don't leave this room, I wouldn't want you getting lost." Nodding her head, she sat down as her father left the room.