A Man With A Friend

It was four a.m. when Diana, Adelio, and Ajna arrived at the Roman Colosseum. The night sky had been darker earlier with its many flickering bright stars shining in the deep night sky. Adelio had a smile on his face the entire trip as Diana carried him on her shoulders. The open and fresh air put him at ease as they traveled. 

Eventually, they reached the colosseum and found the empty cocoons of the deceased trio of pillar men. Diana ached inside, but something about the place gave her a feeling of comfort. She caressed her fingers gently over the stone gap where Wamuu had slept for two millenniums. 

"It feels like...I can sense you're watching over us, thank you love." Diana mumbled to herself as she rested her forehead against the stone on the side of the empty space in the rock wall. Little Adelio jumped down from Ajna's arms and ran to Diana. 

"Mama! Is that papa's spot in the stone?" He asked, stoked to be there and see history engraved in stone. Diana picked him up and held him on her hip, her white fangs showing because of her smile. 

"Yup! Pretty cool, huh?" Adelio giggled and felt the spot with his small hands spread out wide. Meanwhile, Ajna was staring at Kars' spot in the stone with blank red eyes. She started mumbling words to herself. Diana looked over at her with a concerned expression.

"You saved me...you conquered the earth and you could have kept it, but you wasted it on me..." she mumbled to herself. Anger was filling her chest and her eyes had a devilish stare. They were tearing up with clear tears and it took everything she had to keep them in.

Diana slowly approached her with her hand slowly rising. She had set Adelio down just in case something happened. She was sure nothin would happen, but Ajna was half of a perfect life form. She could absolutely accidentally cause something. 

"Ajna, are you ok-," 

"You wasted it on me! I was supposed to mean nothing to you! My job was to do simple tasks during the day in the sun! You were never supposed to love me! Your entire life, 102,000 years, wasted on a pathetic weakling who could never make you proud! You really were dumb! You damn bastard!" Ajna was trying to contain her anger, but her swift arm movements weren't enough. Tears were spilling from her eyes and she cried out her heart. She ran to wall and punched it with a swift powerful punch.

By this time Diana had stepped back and had Adelio was curled up in her arms. Diana couldn't believe it, Ajna was losing it! Her temper had finally exploded, the one she had never seen before had burst! A piece of stone from the ceiling rumbled and began to break off! The sun was going to get her, it had just risen from the horizon and it would be the end of her! No matter what, she had to protect her treasure. She held Adelio close and crouched down into a turtle position using her back to cover him from the light.

"D-Diana!" Ajna screamed and jumped in front of the light. Her arms had subconsciously turned into wings and she knocked the chunk of rock away from crushing them. Gravity wouldn't allow her to do anymore then that. She tumbled to the ground on the left on Diana landing on the loose slab that had fallen from the ceiling.

Diana bit her lip as she felt the sun hit her back. Ajna was in shock as she saw it happen. Diana...she was alive. Her body hadn't turned to dust before the sun's golden ray.

Diana's breathing was hard and she sat up. Her wrist...it had a purple and black pristine layer of something surrounding it. She couldn't feel it, but it was there. Staring down into her son's unafraid violet eyes, she saw the same layer covering his face. 

She started to giggle. The warmth of the sun was heating up her back and it felt amazing. She didn't understand what was happening, but it was amazing. Adelio was in complete awe at the sun. He got a faint glimpse at the round bright circle in the sky but he was pulled back into the shade for safety. They would rather be safe than sorry.