Top-tier

The weekend went past very slowly, as it was mostly you and Shirabu in your room not being able to breathe because of runny noses.

It's now Monday, and your nose is supposedly on the better side but you still have problems breathing.

Oh also, Goshiki has ignored all of your chats and snaps. Shirabu says he doesn't know why he's mad, but of course he knows. He just won't tell you since it's his own fault.

"Shirabu, I think I did something really bad, but he won't talk to me..."

"Stop whining and just talk to him then. Maybe he'll explain."

Not only are you nervous about Goshiki's thoughts about you, you've also been absent for many days from the volleyball practices. Shirabu has too, and you're afraid coach might be mad.

You've also realised that Shirabu is using your first name; not that it bothers you, but it feels unusual. Now Semi, Yamagata, Tendou, Goshiki and Kawanishi use your first name which is a lot.

Shirabu slides open the door to the gym and you follow, right after him.

"Ohayo."

"Goodmorning..."

"Goodmorning Y/n!!! Goodmorning Kenjirou!" The redheaded boy almost yells as he starts walking towards you.

"Why are you wearing a mask, Y/n?"

"I'm still a bit sick."

"Ne what the heck are you doing here then?!?"

"I can't miss more practices."

"Ohoho, as always you're here to help us!"

"I'm not here to help. It's my position, it's not like I can ignore those duties laid on me which I have the responsibility to-"

"Geez Y/n! Don't be so righteous, ease up!" He responds and starts walking towards the other boys.

Shirabu just sighs and gives you a warm smile.

"You should go to coach, I'm going to go to them."

He trails off and goes up to Ushijima. You on the other hand goes to coach, ready to be beaten into a pulp.

"O-ohayo coach Washijo-sensei... Sumimasen that I have been absent..."

"God Y/n!!!"

Shit, here it comes. Just close your eyes and the hit won't hurt as much.

"I was worried sick for you! Are you feeling better?"

"... Excuse me, could you repeat that?"

"Are you feeling better? I hope you don't feel like you must come here even when you're sick. We want you top-tier when you're here."

"O-oh.."

"I suppose you're not at 100% since you have a mask. I'll let you be here just today, but I want you to take responsibility over your wellbeing."

"Arigatou!!"

You bow and start preparing the water bottles. While you're out of hearing range, a special bowl cut boy takes the chance to speak to Semi.

"S-semi-san?..."

"Oh, hey Tsutomu. What's up?"

"Uhh... are you, are you and Y/n together?"

Semi freezes and a blush creeps on his face.

"N-no! Of course not, why would you think that?!"