Chapter 2 - Mystery Men and a Smashed Laptop

Lilith was scowling deeply. She had almost a full hour until her next class- and knew Sanya and Reyna did, too, but neither of them had turned up at their old meeting place.

She wandered outside, eyes searching the grounds until she spotted Isabella, sitting alone on a bench near the ground's exit.

"What's up?" The blonde queried, pulling herself up to sit on the table of the picnic bench.

"Look." Isabella said simply, pointing across the road.

"What am I looking at?" Lilith asked, peering in the direction that the younger girl was pointing, but hardly seeing anything overly worth her attention.

"That black car. There's two men in it I've never seen before- they went into that house."

"Maybe they're just visiting."

"They were in suits and held a card up."

Lilith shrugged, "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. They're probably salesmen. Want to help me find your sister?"

"No." Isabella replied, eyes still on the house.

Lilith remembered Reyna's and Isabella's scuff in the hallway early, and thought the girl's decision was fair enough. So, she decided to stay put. Rey or Sanya, whenever they were, would find her if they needed.

"They do look strange." Lilith found herself admitting as the two men the younger girl had described climbed into an old black car, before sitting a while and apparently just talking to each other. "Maybe they're secret agents." Lilith tried in a mystifying tone.

"They're hardly secretive." Isabella retorted with a smirk, much like her older sister's.

"That's true." Lilith replied as the pair looked back at the men, who spotted them watching them.

The one who had been taller when they'd walked to the car and who had slightly longer hair, held a hand up in a wave.

Isabella waved back slightly before the car started and began down the street.

"You definitely don't know them?" Lilith asked, slightly wary.

"I don't think so."

~~~

"Are we there yet?"

"I will physically throw you out of this car."

"I'll have you paralysed before you can even raise your hand." Sanya returned flatly, continuing to look out the window. "Where are we even going? It's been an hour since we started driving."

"And?"

"And, my sense of direction is shit, but I'm pretty sure we circled the town square three times already. Mystic Falls is a small town, Vampire."

Damon pulled over and gave her a look. "You won't stop being infuriating unless I explain, will you?"

"I mean, I understand why you're bothered about a Hunter, but you're besties with Alaric, who is a Hunter. Why are these people any different?"

"First of all, I am not BESTIES with Ric. We tolerate each other. I turned his wife into a Vampire. He tried to kill me. We've moved on." He shot back, but only received an unimpressed look from Sanya in return. Stefan had once described her as his own version of Lexi, and Damon had to admit (only to himself) that it was apt. "They were staking out our house. Caroline called in the morning, said the same black vintage car was at her place. Don't know what kind- Stef would. They went to Hothead's too-"

"Tyler's a Vampire?" THAT was news to Sanya. She really did question the reason they kept their supernatural abilities quiet at times, half the school seemed to be anything but normal, mortal beings. "Thought he's a werewolf."