Chapter 17 - 'I Think We've Done Enough'

"Shouldn't we be helping them?" Elena asked, feeling as if she wasn't quite at the other's level of usefulness.

"No, we'll cover them from here." Alaric said handing her a rifle. "Careful there." He added as Elena stepped forward.

She laughed slightly, but then took another step and felt her ankle catch a wire. There was an explosion- but far smaller than Alaric and Elena had expected. For a moment, they were relieved, until they realised their position had been compromised.

~~~

"They're here." Lilith voiced, glancing back and past Castiel to where she'd heard the explosion.

"Keep your eyes forward." Sam said quickly. "You ready?"

Lilith gave a 'yup' of confirmation.

Dean cocked his rifle, straightening up, "Let's get these fuckers."

"I'll go and see how many there are." Castiel spoke before vanishing.

"Wait, we're splitting up?" Lilith asked, slightly panicked as they tightened their now triangle. "That's one against a lot of Vampires."

"He is an Angel, remember?" Dean spoke. "I'd like to see them make a scratch on him."

~~~

"Here we go." Damon declared, kicking down the first door into the Warehouses, the sound echoing throughout the empty rooms.

Stefan gave his brother a sideways glance. He was sure the door would've opened with a simple push. "We should split up and-"

"Splitting up is a really bad idea." Caroline argued.

"Watch out!" Jeremy cried, ducking as he pulled them down, just in time to avoid a dozen arrows that flew overhead.

"My bad." Damon admitted, looking down at the wire some sort of switch. "They really got this place set up, eh?"

"Coated in Aconites and Vervain." Caroline spoke, taking a sniff near one of the arrows.

"Where did Tyler and Reyna go?" Jeremy asked- oh, they'd gone over this so many times, too.

"At some other entrance." Was all Stefan could reply, "Come on, we have to get going."

As the groups were almost converged on one another, Bonnie and Sanya were still outside the Warehouse. Both were chanting spells simultaneously, channelling one another as they stripped any spells Lilith may have put over the Warehouse.

It turned out that there had been a few- the two torches either side of each of the Witches flaming more and more as Lilith's protection charms were abraded.

~~~

Isabella's escape from her house had gone great. She'd half wondered if Mrs Thompson was asleep as she clambered over the back-garden fence. From there, she remembered Reyna letting slip of a Warehouse, and so made her way to the nearest abandoned one. It had all been quite easy, and she'd celebrated silently when she'd seen familiar cars outside the darkened building.

She made her way to the main door- which, admittedly was incredibly heavy. But, remembering her apparent Werewolf-ness, she committed, and got the door open just enough to slide through and spot four figures. Two men- both strangely familiar and-

"Lilith?" She whispered in surprised.

Sam peered through the dark, scanning the Warehouse. They'd heard a handful of traps go off, but still were yet to see anyone.

The Warehouse was eerily still, all until Sam whispered, "Wait-". He'd spotted a small figure at the main entrance of the Warehouse. "You never mentioned kid Vamps, Lilith."