Chapter 25 - 25% Off Cat Food

"You're sure you got everything you want from the flat?" Sam asked Lilith as they began towards the Impala later that day. Dean and Castiel were already in the car.

"Yeah." The blonde replied distractedly, glancing around.

She'd been waiting for hours now, hoping Sanya would appear to say goodbye, but she hadn't.

Lilith knew that the Winchesters had to go, that the Cops would be on them any time soon, but her feet felt glued to the tarmac parking lot.

She could leave all this behind; she knew that she could. Lilith knew she was capable of a lot more than she would have thought only a week ago, but leaving Mystic Falls without so much as catching a final glance of Sanya was not one of those things.

"We gotta go, Lils." Sam reminded her gently, his car door open as he hesitated getting inside. "You don't have to come. If you've changed your mind-"

"I haven't." Lilith replied quickly, and Sam nodded, climbing in and closing the door. She did the same.

"Ready, Flower?" Dean asked back and she nodded, despite the weight in her chest.

"Wait!" Lilith spoke immediately.

Dean slammed his foot on the break only seconds after the car had set off. "What?" He asked, tone panicked, looking back to her.

"She came." Lilith breathed, unbuckling her belt and had climbed from the car in a heartbeat.

But then, again, Lilith froze on the spot.

There Sanya was, climbing out of Bonnie's car, looking around a moment before spotting them.

Neither of the girls seemed to want to be the first to approach one another.

Lilith, accepting this goodbye was her own fault and that the Winchesters had to go, eventually crossed the parking lot to her friend.

"Again, you surprised me by coming."

"I surprised myself, too." Sanya replied stiffly. "You got everything?"

"Pretty sure." Lilith nodded, glancing back to the car, "I thought you never wanted to see me again-"

"I don't. And I won't have to after today."

"Right."

"Goodbye, then." Sanya spoke after a moment, for once it being Lilith's eyes that were avoiding hers.

Even more unusually, Lilith didn't say anything.

Instead, the girl swallowed and turned her head away.

Sanya's head dropped slightly. She was quite sure that Lilith had turned away to hide misted eyes- and she certainly wasn't in the mental state herself to start comforting.

The girls stood in silence again for a moment until Sanya saw Lilith's hands come up to her face, and Sanya realised, only then, that Lilith Moore had cried over her. She'd had cried real tears for her.

It wasn't even because Sanya was draining her blood, or because Lilith had realised that she was practically responsible for a death and Isabella's injuries- but because she was leaving Sanya and she wouldn't wake her each morning with sunlight and Sanya wouldn't chastise her for pointless magic or they wouldn't laugh at and mimic the stereotypical Witches in films at 2am surrounded by popcorn and candles, or argue over who did the dishes, or fed Midnight when he whined at 6am.

"I'll miss you." Were the words that pulled Sanya's from her own thoughts and suddenly, she was in familiar arms. Sanya was held in arms that held her tight and could feel fists gathering the back of her jacket. She instinctively buried her head in a golden-hair covered shoulder and closed her eyes tightly.